Private Sector Partnership Manager, USAID/Malawi, Investing in Diversified Agriculture-led Growth in Palladium: Make It Possible 2022 at Malawi
Website Palladium: Make It Possible
This Job Listing is about Palladium: Make It Possible in Malawi 2022
Private Sector Partnership Manager, USAID/Malawi, Investing in Diversified Agriculture-led Growth Poles for Inclusive, Sustainable and Resilient Wealth Creation (Growth Poles) Activity
Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
The purpose of this activity is to accelerate environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable, resilient, and more inclusive wealth generation in Malawi by mobilizing rural-based private sector investments and partnerships with anchor firms and their surrounding communities, smallholder organizations, cooperatives, and MSMEs in a growth pole approach, with a focus on ensuring benefits are inclusive of smallholders, youth, and women.
You And Your Career
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in private sector engagement, agribusiness management, and donor-funded program management, we are
interested in hearing from you. We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities
from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a
Reporting And Supervision
This position may have supervisory authority over staff leveraging private sector investment and working in this technical area.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- The Private Sector Partnership Manager will have the responsibility of managing private sector relationships and for developing long-term, co-financing partnership arrangements with companies. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a partner network by identifying strategic private sector firms in Malawi whose long-term corporate strategies and investments align with USAID development impact goals;
- Develop a Private Sector Partnership Approach including a framework for onboarding partners, criteria for partnership, process for designing scopes of work and MOUs, nd key steps to structure private-sector led partnerships;
- Develop and manage innovative private sector partnerships via project MOUs to leverage and accelerate private sector investment, capacities, and infrastructure.
- Advise private sector partners on business investments, sustainable business practices, community engagement, agricultural diversification, and corporate social, environ efforts.
- Generate strategies to support the private sector while layering in resilience, inclusivity, and climate activities.
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of private sector activities, including management of staff, budget, reporting requirements, and products
- Supports capacity building and knowledge sharing within the team on private sector engagement and investments.
- Represents the project/program in coordination meetings with partners, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia, including presentations of technical work.
Key Competencies Required
- At least 10 years managing private sector relationships, developing long-term, co-financing partnership arrangements with companies and/ or working for private sector, managing donor, NGO and/or GOM relationships from the Private sector perspectives
- Experience implementing activities that cover production, processing, and marketing of agricultural products, including value-added manufactured products for or with the private sector.
- At least 2 references from private sector companies with whom s/he has worked
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for activities that cover production, processing, and marketing of agricultural products, including value-added manufactured products.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Company: Palladium: Make It Possible
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malawi
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.