This Job Listing is about Vectrus in Baghdad, Iraq 2022
- This position will be physically located in Iraq in support of LOGCAP***
Under the supervision of the Postal Supervisor, the Postal Clerk – 71F(E4)(K) provide postal support and oversight for Vectrus Contractors Mail Room in accordance with US Postal Service, DOD and Army regulations. Provides customer service, receive, process, and dispatch bulk volume of mail.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Receives and safeguards incoming mail; verify mail parcels for incoming mail manifest and sign for custody of the mail.
- Ensures Vectrus Mail room is in compliance with required inspections and performs monthly audits.
- Maintains accountable receipts, mail orderly cards, and change of address cards.
- Maintains key control and company property accountability.
- Unload mail truck, sort direct mail bags and outside piece (OSP) mail by authorized APO camps for loading in APO camp’s trucks or assigned units for pick-up by unit mail clerks.
- Separate accountable mail from ordinary mail. Ensure all Registered mail is accounted for and immediately moved to the Registry room for security and further processing.
- If x-ray machine is available, randomly X-ray selected mailbags and parcels, and suspicious mail for incendiary explosive devices and other prohibited items, notify supervisor.
- Open worker mailbags and letter trays, and sort mail by authorized APOs or assigned units. In process all service mail i.e. insured, certified on a postal required delivery form.
- Conduct unit mail call at prescribed time and provide the necessary customer assistance to the unit mail clerks.
- Distribute incoming mail to authorized unit mail clerks and ensure unit mail clerk sign for custody of service mail i.e. insured, certified, except Registered mail. Receive from the unit mail clerks re-direct all unclaimed mail for forwarding to correct location.
- Process incoming Registered mail for delivery and ensure only the unit or addressee sign for receipt of their Registered mail.
- Separate and re-wrap mail parcel received in damaged condition and re-seal envelopes received in opened condition. Endorse the damaged or unopened mail.
- Perform directory service function on mail and use the Standard Pouching and Routing Instructions (SPRINT) and Consolidated Air Massing and Labeling Scheme (CAMALS) charts to forward mail to appropriate locations.
- Receive outgoing official mail from the base installation official mail section.
- Operate or learn to operate Point of Sales system to provide postal finance services to authorized patrons.
- Provide customer services to authorized patrons.
- Perform general housekeeping and ensures Vectrus Mail room is in compliance with required inspections.
- Performs other related tasks assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- To be qualified for this position you must comply with USCENTCOM MOD 16 that requires proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC or host country requirements.
As of now, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you must have received either two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine, two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine, two doses of Moderna Vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and two weeks must have elapsed after the final dose was administered. This definition may change in accordance with CDC guidelines. Compliance with this government requirement is an essential function of the position and is a condition of employment.
- Military postal (school or on-the-job training), USPS training, commercial cargo shipping, parcel handling/warehousing, and/or mail room distribution training are preferred.
- Operate or ability to learn how to operate forklifts (2K to 10K models), pallet jack, Stacker and Electric Pallet Jack.
- Operate or ability to learn how to operate an electric belt or gravity-feed conveyor system.
- Familiar or become familiar with some general military postal and USPS terminologies.
- Safeguarding restricted area from unauthorized personnel.
- Computer experience using Microsoft software to include WORD, Excel, and other related applications is preferred.
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Application Deadline: N/A