Are you looking for a Job at Plastipak in Champaign, IL
About the work
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacture and recycling of rigid plastic containers. Our client list includes some of the most recognized and respected brands in the world, such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols for handling COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks in most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including facials, social distancing and hand sanitizer stations.
Voted One of America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes in 2021, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- TERMS PAID (PTO) AND COMPANY VACATIONS
- FULL TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401 (K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH THE COMPANY
- ASSISTANCE FOR LOSSES
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERENCE BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The forklift operator is responsible for the safe and efficient handling and storage of finished products and raw materials. This position plays an important role in supporting the production lines, either supplying raw materials to the lines or removing the finished product from the lines.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Recording the production, transfer, storage and digitization of finished products and raw materials .
- Uses approved work instructions for storing, transferring and loading finished products and raw materials.
- Loads/unloads shuttle trailers and semi-tractor trailers.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and product digitization.
- Documents all shipments, both inbound and outbound, in accordance with the work instructions.
- Verifies that the quality of the outgoing product meets customer expectations.
- Identify and report the discovery of any non-conforming finished products or raw materials promptly.
- Complete routine inspections before forklift travel and fuel tank changes.
- Do the job safely and are responsiblefor following all security policies and procedures.
- Responsible for complying with all manufacturing standards ing practices GMP rules. Responsible for maintaining high standards related to warehouse maintenance.
- Responsible for working effectively with the team leader, production associates and other team members.
- Has the authority to put the product on hold.
- Performs other roles as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferable.
- At least 1 year (or more) of related forklift experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for
” Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level Job Location: Champaign, IL Application Deadline: N/A Jobzyy.com
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Champaign, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com