Are you looking for a Job at Petco in Cordova, AK
Come to work in a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What will you do
- Provide optimal guest experience services.
- Assist guests in the correct selection of merchandise based on their identified needs.
- Demonstrate a high level of concern for the welfare, health and proper handling of all animals.
- Performing cashier duties.
- Perform related tasks in support of the store it reaches the assigned sales target.
- Ensure merchandise is properly stocked and priced.
- Comply with established operating guidelines and shop policies and procedures.
- Assess customer requests. guests and, if necessary, refer to the Guest Experience. Leader and/or Leader in service.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable solution.
- Ensures the health and welfare of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with established Petco standards, policies and procedures, including the completion of hourly animal health checks and welfare cards.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on the interests of the company.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests determining their needs and sharingproduct knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
- Demonstrate nutrition knowledge, Pals Rewards membership, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, including but not limited to Instacart, Extended Corridor and repeat delivery.
- Performs all aspects of store service, such as cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs daily cash drawer settlement if needed.
- Assists in stocking and handling merchandise according to established standards.
- Completes cash register transactions and service. Guest transport consisting of goods up to a maximum of 50 pounds per journey.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Assists in loading, unloading and storage of goods according to established procedures, to ensure the store is well stocked and inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensures the store’s animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the utmost care, maintaining clean, safe and secure habits and that all reasonable and necessary steps are taken to maintain their good health.
- Immediately notify store managers if an animal, reptile, bird or fish has need medical or other special treatment cial.
- Carries out routine cleaning tasks as required to maintain the profession’s image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping floors,dusting, washing windows, placing merchandise on shelves, cleaning toilets, etc.
- Assists store leadership in opening/closing the store as needed, to include thorough completion of required documentation.
- Participate in completing quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures and maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Most work tasks take place indoors, even if receiving the goods, transporting the goods or balancing stocks require you to leave the shop for a short time. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving goods, and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50lbs and pull 2000lbs using material handling equipment. Improper use of safety devices and/or failure to follow proper lifting techniques can lead to the risk of injury to customers, pets and shop staff. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. ”
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cordova, AK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.