Are you looking for a Job at Petco in Phoenix, AZ
About the work
Come work in a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the world’s most exciting missions!
What will you do
- Deliver great guest experience services.
- Assist guests in the proper selection of merchandise according to their identified needs.
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in the welfare, health and proper management of all animals.
- Play box functions.
- Perform related tasks to support the store achieving its designated sales goal.
- Make sure the merchandise is properly stocked and priced.
- Follow established operating guidelines and store policies and procedures.
- Assess guest queries and, as necessary, refer to guest experience Leader and/or Service Leader.
The holder must be able to consistently perform all of the following functions and responsibilities, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing correct care in accordance with established Petco standards, policies and procedures, including completion of hourly animal health checks and welfare cards. be.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts, with emphasis on the company’s interests.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests, determining their needsand sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nutrition, Pals Rewards Membership, Welcome to the Family, and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, including but not limited to Instacart, Extended Corridor, and repeat delivery.
- Performs all aspects of point of sale service, for example cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Run cash register daily balance as needed.
- Assists in stocking and receiving goods in accordance with established standards.
- Complete cash register transactions as well as a guest delivery service consisting of goods weighing up to, but not exceeding, 50 lbs per trip.
- Complies with loss prevention policies.
- Assists in loading, unloading and storing merchandise in accordance with established procedures to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensures that the store’s animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, maintained in habits that are clean, safe and protected, and that all reasonable and necessary measures are taken to keep your good health.
- Notify store leaders immediately if any animals, reptiles, birds, or fish need medical attention or other special care.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks as neededto maintain the store’s profession, image and appearance, including sweeping/mopping floors, dusting, washing windows, placing merchandise on shelves, servicing the bathroom, etc.
- Assists store leadership in opening/closing the store as needed, to include accurate filling out of necessary paperwork.
- Participates in completing the quarterly and annual physical inventory account.
- Complies and promotes established safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Perform special projects as designated.
Most work tasks are conducted indoors, although receiving goods, delivering goods, or balancing inventory will require you to leave the store for a short time. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving goods, and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and pull 2000 pounds using material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or failure to follow proper lifting techniques can pose a risk of injury to customers, pets and store employees. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All eligible candidates will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,age, protected veteran status or any other protected classification. ”
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com