Website Paula's Choice Skincare
Are you looking for a Job at Paulas Choice Skincare in United States
About the work
Paula’s Choice is your right choice!
Paula’s Choice Skincare is a multinational brand with 25 years of strength! Our vision is to empower and empower people around the world with highly effective products and in-depth knowledge to achieve their own definition of beauty. We question the ingredients, follow the facts and defend the customer, because we are on this journey together.
How You’ll Impact Paula’s Choice: The research and innovation team leads the way in discovery and the development of new innovations and technologies and the creation of skin care development in our internal formulation laboratory and with external partners.
As an Innovation Scientist, you will help drive the development of new formulas and the discovery of innovation and technology with our contract manufacturers.
If you are an experienced formulator, with skills in creative thinking, relationship building and a passion for skin care, we’d love to hear from you!
Product development at Paula’s Choice leads R&D and starts with science and is driven by what is truly safe and effective for the skin. You will have a unique opportunity to lead innovations and work on blue sky concepts.
As a Scientist of Innovation for Raw Materials Technology, a typical day might include a combination of the following items:
- Discovery and Ideation:
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnershipswith raw material suppliers, biotechnology companies and universities to identify innovation, technology and product concepts.
- Drive the technical development of all new innovations with raw material suppliers, biotech companies and universities to ensure we are seeing new concepts on a routine basis.
- Identification, evaluation and early development of new assets and materials.
- Develop a broad knowledge base of the competitor’s patent environment and implement patent strategies to protect internal technologies.
- Provide technical assistance in creating marketing sales and product education worksheets.
- Assist the ideation team in finalizing product briefs to ensure product design requests are technically correct and compliant.
- Make it easy to transfer product summaries between Ideation and Project Management.
- Create and maintain an ingredient search database.
- Formulate new concepts and product modifications in our internal laboratory system or in an external laboratory (up to 14 hours per week)
- Development: New products with blue sky innovation
- Partner with the project management team in the development of formulas:
- Participate in the project kick-off meetings with internal and external teams.
- Evaluate and provide technical guidance on prototypes during development to ensure aesthetics, effectiveness, target cost, stability, and overall quality.
- Helpin solving problems of formula and stability.
- Make suggestions for cost savings and runtime.
- Review all preliminary testing on prototypes.
- Review and approve the final stability reports.
- Work closely with the global regulatory team during development to ensure formula compliance.
- Work with quality to finalize product specifications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager.
Location: I want to consider a remote function, as long as you have access to a lab in your area up to 14 hours per week
Hours: typical PST business hours, requiring flexibility
Physical requirements: ability to sit and handle screen time for long time periods as well working in the lab
Travel requirements: up to 30% travel, some international
What will you bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Chemistry or a related scientific field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience in formulating effective skin care products which have resulted in successful launches in a variety of formats (creams, lotions, gels, liquids)
- Strong knowledge of personal care ingredients, chemistry, product stability and manufacturing processes. no
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office product suite .
- High proficiency in troubleshooting and troubleshooting.
- Strong organization and attentionto details
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently as well as in team environments.
What Can Help You Really Stand Out:
- Solid training and knowledge in formula transfer, scale-up, fabrication and stability problem solving.
- Ability to objectively read and interpret scientific discoveries.
- Strong knowledge of product quality issues.
- General understanding of global regulatory formula requirements.
- Experience and training with GMP guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Smartsheet
What we offer you:
- robust benefits package including health, vision, dental, retirement and more
- Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program
- fitness benefits, meditation app membership and much more
- Product samples and discounts
- Generous PTO
- Great location – we are in the heart of Seattle’s beautiful international district
- Ambiance exceptional – we work hard and celebrate our achievements. You can see our teams volunteering at Mariner games or logging in at happy hours
- Did we mention that we are a dog-friendly office?
Paula’s choice is committed to diversity! Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, don’t wejust because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We hope you agree. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering people to achieve their own definition of beauty, Paula’s Choice could be an excellent choice for you.
Note: At any time, with or without prior notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change job requirements.
Company: Paula’s Choice Skincare
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.