Website Oman Investment Authority
Are you looking for a Job at Oman Investment Authority in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
(Please attach your updated CV with your application)
Position: Senior Associate, Private Equity
Reports to: Manager, Private Equity
Announcement Closing date: 13th Nov 2021
To manage under the supervision of Senior Managers, the evaluation of investment opportunities, the execution of selected private equity transactions, the monitoring of executed investments and their value creation initiatives, and the eventual successful exit of the executed deals. Assist in deal sourcing efforts and evaluation of opportunities across diverse sectors.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the overall development of the OIA Private Equity portfolio in line with the agreed strategy, corporate vision and stakeholder’s expectations.
- Ensure that the Private Equity transaction execution process is in line with the Corporate Governance document.
- Assist in transaction origination efforts, as directed by Senior Manager Private Equity. Origination efforts to a combination of proprietary and co-investment opportunities. An opportunistic, sector agnostic approach will be required.
- Evaluate available deal opportunities, in-line with OIA strategy and objectives. Prioritize opportunities on their relative attractiveness and fit with overall strategy and objectives.
- Coordinate and manage transactional and execution activities along with Senior Managers, including but not limited to relationships with shareholders and other stakeholders, investment banks, investment partners, due diligence advisors etc.
- Demonstrate the right analytical skills, commercial acumen, rigour and attention to detail in all investment evaluation, supervising the work of more junior team members.
- Actively participate in negotiations with counterparties on deals.
- Support Senior Managers on active management of executed deals, throughout the entire holding period and through to the exit phase, ensuring that they generate the return expected.
- Liaise with members of the Private Equity Funds team to ensure overall strategic objectives of OIA Private Equity program are being met.
- Ensure that the functions’ guidelines and procedures implemented are compliant with the latest OIA IC and management decisions.
- Show high level of attention to detail and analytical skill in all work delivered to ensure accuracy, consistency and reasonableness of deal evaluation and analysis.
- Critically review due diligence studies, directing advisors on areas for further work. Ensure that material due diligence findings are reported to more senior deal team members and as appropriate to the IC.
- Review in detail and support Senior Managers in negotiating all deal documentation, with consultation with Head of Legal and external counsel, to ensure that negotiated deal terms and structure as presented to the IC are adequately documented in final deal documentation
- Implement appropriate project management to ensure execution is within budget and agreed timelines.
- Support senior colleagues in recommending and implementing disposal plans as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and secure the integrity of business development data/information.
- Handle related assignments as required.
- Coach and mentor junior team members in performing their tasks and in their overall development.
- Assist Senior Manager in performing periodic performance appraisals of junior team members.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of the Private Equity team and with other support functions within OIA.
- Communicate effectively relevant information to colleagues and superiors.
- Bachelor’s Degree Specialization in Finance, Economics, Accounts or relevant field is preferred.
- Specialization related certification is preferred (e.g. CFA, etc.) with Strong Financial modeling skills.
- 8-10 years of Private Equity experience
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Bloomberg, are essential. Experience with business related software is desirable.
Required Competencies & Skills
- Discipline & Punctuality
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Planning and Organizing
- Communicating and Influencing
- Problem Solving
- Achievement Drive & Self-Motivation
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgment
Company: Oman Investment Authority
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com