Are you looking for a Job at NortonLifeLock in Tempe, AZ
About the job
What are you doing this coming summer? Are you approaching graduation and looking for an internship to give you valuable experience in a cutting-edge organization that’s at the forefront of one of the fastest growing industries out there (HINT: cyber security) ? If you have a mindset for growth and innovation and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and want to pick-up some valuable skills to grow your experience and build your resume, read on.
Join the NortonLifeLock engineering team for a paid summer internship that offers personal and professional development. The Software Engineering Internship will give you an opportunity to work and collaborate with the engineering teams responsible for NortonLifeLock’s broad suite of security products. The program is designed to fully integrate interns with our engineering teams, providing real-life industry experience building and maintaining production code.
What You Will Learn And Do
- Participate as a key member of a versatile team addressing problems critical to NortonLifeLock’s needs.
- Supporting a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Applying knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems .
In addition to your “day job” we will also provide a number of training sessions to help you bond as a team and grow your personal and professional skills – you’ll have the opportunity to hear more about innovation in our industry as well as get some direct interaction with our executive leadership team.
What you need to have?
- Be a heading into your Junior or Senior year in 2023
- Have a major focused on Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and algorithms
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Familiarity or the ability to learn current trends and best practices in technology
We are looking for a select few to join us and if you think you’re a good fit, please apply ASAP! We will begin interview in December/January, with selections to be made by March. Our intern program runs for 10 weeks, starting at the end of May 2022 through early August 2022 .
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency .
EEO is the law. Applicants and employees of NortonLifeLock Inc. are protected under Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO poster and supplement .
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com