Website State Street
This Job Listing is about State Street in Dublin City, County Dublin, Ireland 2022
The Network team is looking to add a Network Security Engineer to our team. This role will assist in the management, support and implementation of the network security infrastructure. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a global organization and participate in the development of the next generation security design. Ideal candidates will have well-rounded knowledge of network perimeter security controls, network segmentation and cloud security.
- Responsible for understanding the business objectives and translating the business requirements into IT solutions
- Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure technology interdependencies
- Responsible for managing and implementing network security platforms including next generation firewalls, web application firewalls, DDoS protection, remote access infrastructure and web proxy solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation of new security technologies to better improve efficiencies, security posture and meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with team to implement security controls, defenses, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal and/or external attacks.
- Review and implement firewall policy changes to ensure alignment with corporate standard.
- Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure security technology interdependencies.
- Responsible for working closely with Security Operations Center in response to security events.
- Manage and support the network segmentation program.
- Maintain configuration standards and standard operating procedures associated with network security solutions.
- Technical escalation point of contact for security technologies.
- Leads evaluation, assessment and direct questioning of vendors and industry analysts in pursuit of understanding product viability to State Street requirements, future needs, and ecosystem appropriateness.
- Provide training and new technology overview to engineering colleagues
Required Skills And Experience
- Technical expertise in the following areas:
- Network tools Splunk, Netbrain, etc
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Routing and Switching basics
- Packet decoding and analysis
- Zero Trust Network Access Solutions
- Remote Access Solutions
- Web Application Firewalls and data loss prevention technologies
- Cloud service providers AWS/Azure network security engineering
- Load Balancing technologies
- Web Proxy solutions
- Associates degree or equivalent desired
- 5 years experience in the network security field
- Certification in a major technology area preferred(CCNP, CISSP etc.)
- Skilled in analyzing and monitoring network security solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure when resolving complex issues with strict deadlines
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with the team members and superiors
- Ability to implement complex projects related to new technology integration
- Ability to lead and execute large, complex projects related to new technology integration
Job ID: R-715865
Company: State Street
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dublin City, County Dublin, Ireland
Application Deadline: N/A