Network Modeller in Aurecon 2022 at Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
This Job Listing is about Aurecon in Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand 2022
Just imagine your future with us…
At Aurecon we see the future through a very different lens. Do you?
Innovation, eminence, and digital are at the heart of everything we do. Are you excited about the future?
Do you have a desire to make a tangible difference to communities? Do you want to use your understanding of Aotearoa’s unique cultures and communities to drive better social and environmental outcomes? Are you comfortable working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment?
Diversity is at the core of everything we do. We work together to create a culture based on respect, trust, and inclusiveness. Our differences are what fuel our creativity.
We embrace flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
Aurecon encourages whānau support throughout our recruitment process.
What will you do?
As an intermediate water professional based at our Tāmaki Makaurau office you will play an integral part in our Aotearoa team of highly skilled specialists that Bring Ideas to Life for our clients. With a focus on growing our Water business, developing our expertise, and improving the sustainability and social outcomes of our projects, we are actively recruiting for those passionate about working collaboratively and building on technical knowledge within this discipline.
Here are some of the key things you will do to Bring Ideas to Life:
- Deliver hydraulic modelling using InfoWorks ICM, WS Pro, DHI suite and/or WaterGEMS from single-asset-focused models through to broad-scale networks. Previous experience in these or equivalent modelling packages is essential
- Apply your experience in solving problems, assessing projects against our clients’ strategic drivers, developing strategic pathways, and optimising future plans for Aotearoa’s largest water utility
- Use your strong communication skills to build relationships with your peers, clients, community, and iwi to assist in pushing forward the boundaries of what is possible
- Be a part of and successfully support multi-disciplinary teams that deliver large-scale projects on time and to budget
- Collaborate with colleagues nationally and internationally, as we utilise our people across Australia & New Zealand and beyond to solve our clients’ problems
- Commit to your own ongoing learning and professional development, as well as a willingness to share your learnings with others
We know that today’s complex challenges can be solved only through bringing together diverse teams of people from across our business, so there will be opportunities for you to apply your skills and creativity to projects in other geographies and markets.
What can you bring to the team?
To Be Successful In Your Application, You Will Need To Have
Firstly, you will share our genuine passion for re-imagining engineering and be someone that actively pursues continuous learning to help shape the future.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Data Analytics/Data Science, or Environmental Sciences
- At least 3 years’ of relevant experience within the New Zealand Water industry on projects across water, wastewater, and/or stormwater
- A firm grasp of how to apply water, wastewater, and/or stormwater models in engineering-based studies, master planning, and services strategies towards facilitating growth in Aotearoa’s largest city
- Commitment to your ongoing learning and professional development, as well as those around you
- Experience in local council or consultancy will be of great benefit to your application
- You will likely be working towards Chartered status with Engineering New Zealand or a professional membership in alignment with your qualification
Our Aurecon Attributes describe the types of people we bring together for clients, and there will be at least one that resonates strongly with you. Because of this, we value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life. Does that sound like you?
We’ve re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company; just not as you know it!
For a start, our clients’ ideas drive what we do. Drawing on our deep pool of expertise, we co-create innovative solutions with our clients to some of the world’s most complex challenges. And through a range of unique creative processes and skills, we work to re-imagine, shape, and design a better future.
We listen deeply and intently, which helps us see opportunities, possibilities, and potential that others can’t.
Think engineering. Think again.
Want to know more?
You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Aurecon by visiting the careers section of our website.
If you are intrigued or existed by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.