Are you looking for a Job at Meta in United States
About the work
Facebook’s mission is to empower people to build community and bring the world together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of business that connects billions of people around the world, offers ways to share what’s most important to them, and helps bring people together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people on Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
We are looking for research interns to join Facebook AI Research’s multimodal voice and video comprehension teams in Menlo Park, Seattle and New York City. These Facebook teams create spoken language technology to make it faster and easier for people to build a community and connect with others around the world. We are part of the AI Research organization whose mission is to conduct product-driven research in ML/AI and to design, develop and deploy next-generation algorithms for the rest of Facebook. We work on all aspects of AI for speech and audio processing, including speech recognition and synthesis, speaker identification and acoustic event detection. Our work is largely focused on the areas of voice interfaces, including voice technology for devicesPortal and Oculus VR headphones, and video comprehension, including transcription, subtitling and content comprehension. As a research intern, you will help us develop innovative models and algorithms and apply them to large-scale speech production tasks. The duration of this internship is 16 weeks, starting in summer, autumn and winter. Internships will be awarded on an ongoing basis and applicants are encouraged to apply in advance. To learn more about our survey, visit https://ai.facebook.com/.
- Conduct research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Develop new, accurate speech systems and algorithms, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on large data resources.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping to production.
- You currently have or are in the process of obtaining a PhD degree.
- Must obtain a work permit in the country of employment at the time of employment and maintain the work permit in progress during employment.
- Experience in C/C and Python.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks.
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning and/or speech technology.
- Intention to return to degree program after completion of internship/co-op.
- Comfort handling and analyzing complex, high volume, high dimensional data from multiple sources.
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by donations, grants, patents, as well as first-authored publications at workshops or conferences such as Interspeech, ICASSP or similar.
- A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research and in answering difficult questions with research.
- Interpersonal experience: collaboration between groups and cultures.
- Ability to stay in contact with the literature of a specific domain and has the ability to reproduce results if necessary.
- Experience in training deep neural networks for important speech tasks such as speech recognition, speech translation, classification, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, gender stereotypes, age, veteran status protected, disabled individual status, or other legally enforceable protected characteristics. We also consider qualified candidates with a criminal record in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruitment process. If youneed any assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please inform us at [email protected]. ”
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Internship
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com