Medtronic vacancy in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Principal Clinical Research Specialist
Are you looking for a Job at Medtronic in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Clinical Research and Medical Science principle has cross-Businesses responsibility serving as a local scientific resource and expert engaging with internal (business units and functions) and external stakeholders (hospitals, physicians, payers) on Scientific & Clinical programs in APS.
The Clinical Research and Medical Science principle
- Serves as medical/scientific consultant working closely with other local functions (Reimbursement, Governmental Affairs, Regulatory, IHS, VBHC, Marketing…) to support the local market access and therapy development needs.
- Oversees Scientific and Clinical programs and provides input on relevant clinical evidence plans considering market needs, changing local environment and competitive evidence landscape.
- Develop and manage local scientific and clinical strategy in full alignment with local market access and therapy adoption
- Ensure evidence-based differentiation of our product and therapies driving local evidence dissemination & awareness.
- Supports the development of scientific services and solutions by thoroughly evaluating local market needs and identifying knowledge and evidence gaps and unmet needs. Designs and propose solution and coordinate local execution
- Facilitates execution of clinical studies determined to satisfy a medical need and/or offer a commercial potential
- Oversees and resolves operational aspects of clinical trials in conjunction with project teams and in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP), good clinical practice (GCP) and specific country regulations and may prepare clinical trial budgets.
- Collects feedback from internal stakeholders, local customers and authorities.
- Builds and maintains optimal relationships and effective collaborations with various internal and external parties.
- Acts as the local Quality, Legal and Compliance gate keeper of Medtronic scientific and Clinical programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with leading KOLs, National or Local authorities (decision makers) across therapeutic areas
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities
Actively builds and maintains optimal relationships with local customers and local Key Opinion Leaders as well as with local authorities, medical & scientific communities and the medical device industry focusing on the assigned therapeutic areas.
Represents Medtronic as “the Scientific & Clinical face” within the country / region and acts at the same time as the “voice” of the local organization, customers and authorities towards relevant stakeholders at Medtronic for the assigned therapeutic areas.
Be able to navigate into the company matrix and establishing a strategic partnership with other functions (Compliance, reimbursement, QA, …) and clinical stakeholders (KOL, Competent authorities…) to find the proper solution to leverage market access/therapy development opportunities.
Is the first point of contact for:
- Local customers, authorities and KOLs about local Clinical matters (ERP, scientific collaboration…)
- Clinical BU and other internal stakeholders: for in-depth knowledge about the local clinical environment and for mandatory consultation on site nomination
Local/Regional Scientific & Clinical Strategy:
Develops and manages the local strategy and provides input to the global clinical strategy, ensuring full alignment with it.
Builds the right level of knowledge in reimbursement, health management in the country/region to address local/regional needs with relevant clinical solutions.
Systematically identifies opportunities for scientific services in the local market and proposes solutions for those needs.
Systematically builds an internal and external reputation as a trusted partner in helping develop and deliver value-based healthcare initiatives, with a focus on outcome definition and measurement.
Scientific engagement (Enable Study Execution and ERPs)
Enables Medtronic sponsored global studies with a focus on local L&C, Regulatory and Finance aspects and ensures study management for local studies.
Is Point of contact for clinical execution groups at Medtronic as Post Approval Network, (PACS) or MC2 (Medtronic Clinical Operation and Scientific and Study Solutions) in case of local knowledge needs (language, culture, travel).
Collaborates with investigators on the ERP submission and follow-up, and locally manages the support provided by Medtronic (L&C, Finance and logistics aspects).
Local Evidence Dissemination & Clinical Activities Awareness:
Ensures awareness of global and local clinical activities and new clinical evidence and provides input and training to local organisation.
Advises local marketing organization on outcome of publications and on a communication strategy, providing expert review of marketing / sales presentations, literature and publications
Ensures strict adherence to regulations and communicates discrepancies to the different stakeholders
- University Masters or bachelor’s degree in relevant technical, clinical or biomedical field
- In depth knowledge of local evidence needs and local law & regulations
- Deep knowledge of the local culture and language
- General knowledge of ‘Good Clinical Practice’ and applicable internal and external regulations
- 5 Years of relevant experience in healthcare, scientific or clinical areas is needed
- Demonstrate the knowledge of local law and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability & comfortable to ensure strict adherence to regulations
- Strong judgment & interpersonal skills
- Proven to be decisive
- Strong oral and written communication skills in local language and in English
- Project management skills
- Strong business savviness
- Ability to multi task & to effectively deal with competing business priorities
- Strong problem solving & influencing skills
- Customer focus
- Ability & desire to work X-BU
- Willing to travel extensively in the country / region
- Ability to think in the bigger picture and have global perspective
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2021
- Travel: Yes, < 25 % of the Time
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.