Website OCAD University
This Job Listing is about OCAD University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Student Wellness Centre (SWC) and working in collaboration with the SWC team, the Medical Assistant is responsible for the provision of reception and front-line support at the SWC including but not limited to: scheduling appointments, maintenance of patient records, referrals and general administrative support.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide in person day-to-day operations related to the Physician(s) scheduling, patient documentation and OHIP billing
- Provide medical related support to Physician(s) in-person or virtually (i.e. preparing and sanitizing examination rooms, cleaning and sanitization of spaces and medical instruments, collection and maintenance of lab specimensequisitions, referrals)
- Clean and sanitize high touch surfaces, clinic rooms and offices between patients
- Enter and maintain medical records in the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) and ensure that appropriate charts are created for each client and updated accordingly
- Answer and screen phone calls, respond to and direct emails, receive fax correspondence and relay messages to appropriate Student Wellness Centre team members
- Schedule all medical and Physician referral appointments and communicate appointment times to students
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, and fax documents, including laboratory test results in accordance with SWC policy
- Conduct inventory and maintain consistent acquisition of all medical supplies and equipment
- Perform administrative duties to the support the Physician, including and not limited to: photocopying; faxing; typing reports, data entry
- Ensure the physical space is well maintained (e.g. reading materials are orderly, cups are available for water, etc.)
- Provide administrative support and backup to other members of the SWC administrative team as required
- Assist the SWC Manager and Dean of Students and work collaboratively with staff in other related tasks that contribute to the successful operation of SWC
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. medical administration)
- Minimum of six (6) months of administrative experience, preferably in a medical administrativeeceptionist role in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of maturity, high level of judgement and discretion, maintaining confidentiality, and strong customer service
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
- Genuine interest in the young adult population and demonstrated compassion for the care of people experiencing distress
- Familiarity with local medical walk-in clinics, hospitals and community resources is an asset
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, database management and well-developed internet research skills; direct EMR experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
Compensation: Hiring Range – $34,333.83 to $40,578.96 per annum, commensurate with experience, plus benefits. Salary Range – $34,333.83 to $46,594.53 per annum.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, for a total of 35 hours per week.
Please review the OCAD University’s Safety Measures for all up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 protocols.
OCAD University’s vaccine mandate will be in abeyance until further notice. However, to ensure continuity of teaching, learning and campus activities throughout the year, the University expects all students, staff and faculty to maintain up-to-date vaccination records.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter by selecting “Apply Now” below. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Company: OCAD University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A