Website Alutiiq, LLC
This Job Listing is about Alutiiq, LLC in Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq 2022
Position Overview And Primary Duties And Responsibilities (essential Functions)
Serves as the principal advisor to the Senior Manager, Airfield Operations & BDSC Director and other Senior Embassy officials in identifying short- and long-range operational requirements in support of US Embassy Baghdad air operations, medical operations, regional logistics/distribution operations, transiting of US Mission personnel.
- Provide internal BDSC support in the areas of property accountability, disaster response, installation support, authorized use of common use facilities and transiting personnel programs.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to ensure that the organization operates at optimum efficiency and effectiveness and in compliance with key aviation regulations and accepted practices.
- Brief and advises senior management on a regular basis on operational developments, trends and issues of significant interests; provide expert advice and counseling on practical solutions to a broad range of critical and complex operational issues affecting the BDSC’s ability to efficiently fulfill its roles and responsibilities in support of the US Embassy.
- Advise in the areas of memoranda of agreement/understanding and other agreements related to co-location of USG and non-USG entities and related cost sharing for joint use of the facilities.
- Prepare functional system plans which provide for equipment/data security, communications information technology and audio/visual services as needed as required to support aviation security and aviation operations.
- Support the presence of several USG agencies, non-USG agencies, non-US organizations and those agencies direct hire employees and contractor staff.
- Accesses the operational strengths and weaknesses of the Support Hub and advises appropriate DOS personnel in effectively addressing operational issues, new program opportunities, changing requirements and in developing methods to effectively manage the dynamic nature of the logistical, aviation, medical, housing and other missions.
- At the direction of the Senior Manager, Airfield Operations & Management conducts numerous complex and high priority special assignments, involving research and fact finding to support the development of operational plans for activities of critical importance to the effective accomplishment of the Support Hub’s mission.
- Provide the Senior Manager, Airfield Operations & Management with timely and relevant data for decision-making on critical, complex and sensitive operational issues; coordinate and facilitates communications on planning and operations matters between the BDSC and other offices of the US Mission in Iraq, other government agencies, regional representatives, representatives of donor nations, and non-governmental agencies.
- Provide counsel as necessary to ensure that required actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, advises leadership of any necessary follow-up on decisions to ensure the completion of required actions in a timely manner and comply with accepted practices.
- Advise on the preparation of reports, papers and other documents for the Senior Manager, Airfield Operations & Management, ensuring they are well-written, fully coordinated with other affected organizations, timely, and complete, including preparation of sensitive products for Chief of Mission level action.
- Consult with BDSC section leads and other managers on a regular basis to discuss operational issues and to provide expert guidance in optimizing operational effectiveness, interface with host government aviation officials in support of required US Embassy Baghdad functions.
Required Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of college is required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in aviation operations & management.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a complex government, military, and civilian aviation environment interfacing with senior leadership.
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience in Aviation Security and applying best practices for airports and/or airlines.
- International aviation experience highly desired.
- Experience in implementing and applying ICAO standards is highly desired.
- Experience in aviation emergency management, planning and response.
- Knowledgeable with Air Traffic Control or Airspace Management procedures.
- Experience in writing, developing, or updating airport certification manuals such as Emergency.
- Response, Policy and Procedures or Airport Certification Manuals.
- Demonstrate skills in building/maintaining relationships within various cultures and government leaders.
- Must attend/pass and maintain a TSA certification (annual training requirement)
- Level 5/5 in English is required.
Company: Alutiiq, LLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Application Deadline: N/A