Website Mama Hope
Are you looking for a Job at Mama Hope in United States
About the job
Position Title: Communications and Marketing Lead
Hours: 20-30 hours per week (with the opportunity to move into a full-time position)
Location: Remote/Worldwide (Must be available for online meetings between 3-6pm East Africa Time/8-11am EST)
Hello prospective team mate! We are so pleased that you are interested in joining our team.
Our mission at Mama Hope is to champion community-led change. We envision the emergence of a new, global approach to tackling injustice; one in which communities hold the power and resources they need to drive their own futures. We believe so strongly in our amazing partners and everything we do is for them and their communities.
How do we accomplish this? We get behind the work of community-led organizations around the world. We help to ensure that they have the freedom and the resources they need to change lives in their communities and build a better future for generations to come. We are also building a community of individuals and organizations globally to advocate for community-led development and a new normal in global development, where community voices drive the narrative and the change.
We are an international and virtual team who live all over the world in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and the USA. We value partnership, love, integrity, and transformation and put a lot of time and effort into ensuring each others’ well-being and development. We aim to ensure that everyone’s voice matters – whether you founded the organization or have just joined as an intern. We are a team that is very open to new ideas. We know we don’t have everything right. We are ever-changing, ever self-critiquing, ever looking to improve and we’re looking forward to what you have to teach us!
You’ll be at home here if…
You believe in long-term, systemic change and are willing to ride the ups and downs, joys, and frustrations of that approach.
You are open-minded and love to listen. You are willing to learn from anyone. You don’t put much credence on title or position, but on solidarity, trust and impact instead.
You are open to unconventional ideas and approaches. You are creative and brave – you don’t just follow what has always been done before.
You value relationships over results. You understand the depth and longevity of impact that is produced when people feel loved, respected, and valued.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
Communications and Marketing Lead – Role Purpose:
The Communications and Marketing Lead is responsible for ensuring Mama Hope’s mission and vision is communicated accurately across all of our external channels. Our Communications and Marketing Lead will ensure Mama Hope’s voice is unified and consistent. You must enjoy envisioning campaigns and making them come to life. You should have a knack for storytelling and a keen eye for editing. You believe in ethical marketing and have a sound ability to engage with and respond to the ever changing environment. In fact you enjoy this so much, that championing Mama Hope as a leader in this area is a favourite part of your role.
Here is how you can envision your time spent as the Communications and Marketing Lead:
- Create engaging content tailored for each of Mama Hope’s supporter engagement avenues – Mailchimp, social media, Medium, website.
- Support the team in developing donor reports and templates.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Lead to develop campaigns and bring them to fruition.
- Develop storyboards and scripts for video content.
- Collaborate with the Community Led Partnerships Team and our community partners to generate values aligned content and footage
- Manage Mama Hope’s current social media accounts – Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin.
- Grow Mama Hope’s audience and engagement across each channel.
- Work with the Fundraising and Operations Leads to maintain our donor management systems – Classy and Network for Good.
- Track analytics across all engagement avenues and make necessary adjustments for improvement.
- Work with the team to synthesise data across platforms.
- Create effective segmentation and engage in targeted marketing.
- Lead the team in transitioning to HubSpot.
- Develop a communications strategy that aligns with Mama Hope’s overall strategic goals.
- Maintain high awareness of evolving conversations within the global development sector and use them to guide your approach.
- Maintain Mama Hope’s Language Bank
- Ensure all external communications are aligned in tone and voice.
- Provide information to the team regarding any shifts in language.
What we are looking for in you:
- A big heart for social justice and global equity
- You are humble but confident and have good interpersonal skills
- An ability to envision change that is balanced by your ability to enact it
- Proven experience in communications and marketing strategy and implementation.
- Experience with website design is a plus.
- A deep understanding of and experience working in community-led development in Africa. Experience working in community-led development in Central America is a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing non-profit communication strategies.
- A critical approach to global philanthropy and a vision to decolonize it.
- Experience in advocacy and a deep understanding, passion, and personal investment in seeing an end to the damaging narrative of white supremacy in international development
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks
- A persuasive and personable communication style; strong written and verbal skills
- Expertise with donor management systems & communication platforms.
- Comfortable with technology and at ease learning new apps and software.
- A significant level of awareness of ethical storytelling and racial equity in communication and their impact on community-led development.
Location is flexible. Current team members are located on the East Coast of the United States and in East Africa. The Communications and Marketing Lead would need to be available at times during core working hours in these time zones (8am-11am EDT / 3pm-6pm EAT).
Salary & Benefits
Our starting salary range is $30,000 – $35,000 and will be determined based on experience (note – this amount is based on a 20-30 hour work-week). The intention of the Communications and Marketing Lead is to support the organization in its growth, and as the organization grows, we hope the Communications and Marketing Lead will grow with us by moving into a full-time salaried position.
We will provide a health insurance stipend and have a generous vacation day policy as well as our birthdays off. We have unlimited wellness days. These are not limited to physical ailments but are also available for mental health, overwhelm, stress, and family support.
All team members have the chance to bring proposals of policy change to the group. This way, benefits and HR policies are continuously improving, informed by, and adapting to the needs of the team.
Applying to this position:
We welcome and encourage the contribution of all people to our mission regardless of race, class, gender, sex, ability, nationality, age, color, creed, culture, ethnicity, family model, health status, political view, sexual orientation, educational background, or veteran status. We are enriched by the interweaving of a vibrant array of voices, and we strive to create an environment where all experiences are honored and all people feel as though they can grow and develop according to their own needs and desires as our community grows and develops together.
If this opportunity sounds like it was made for you, please submit a resume/CV and answers to the below questions through this Google Form link. In lieu of a cover letter, you will be asked to answer several questions. Please refer to the application form for the list of questions.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact applicants that have been moved to interview rounds. Additionally, only fully completed applications submitted through the provided Google Form will be considered.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Company: Mama Hope
Vacancy Type: $30,000/yr – $35,000/yr · Part-time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.