Are you looking for a Job at LOral in North Little Rock, AR
Job : Material Handler/Forklift Operator 24/7 (day shift)
Department: Warehouse, Mfg.
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: North Little Rock, AR
FLSA: Not exempt
Shift: 24/7 program (12-hour rotating program)
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
For over a century , L’Oreal has dedicated its energy, innovation and scientific excellence to a single activity: beauty . A business full of meaning, allows all individuals to express their personality, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission to offer women and men around the world the best innovation while satisfying the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. Company founded on Science, we continuously explore new territories and invent products of the future, drawing inspiration from beauty rituals from all over the world. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion is synonymous with innovation and success . Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come , offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities is the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business-oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and the communities in which we operate. We invite you to explore opportunities to help us fulfill this important mission.
Responsible and responsible for the safe and efficient operation of forklifts, transtackers and other material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stack goods, including gasoline and liquefied gas. Remove the electric MHE equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, arm, spoon, lifting beam and swivel hook, fork clamp, vise, lifting platform or hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, stack or move products , equipment or materials. You may be required to perform the functions of Order Compiler and Controller.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Load, unload, move, stack and position products and materials using a forklift, transtacker, gripper or other engine
- Keep equipment and materials neat, clean and tidy
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned equipment daily
- Operateall equipment safely and efficiently following the prescribed working methods and OHSA standards
- Download incoming shipments in a and move the product to the storage places
- Stack and store the goods efficiently in the appropriate areas
- Pick up components and collateral materials for production, ensuring that the exact number and type of product are transferred to the Production Units.
- Pick up and prepare the product for shipment, making sure the exact number and type of product are loaded and shipped
- Efficient and safely move the product from rest and/or storage areas to railway wagons, trailers or containers
- Ensuring that shipments incoming and outgoing are accurate and damage-free
- Report quality changes
- Safety, cleanliness, safety
- Maintain a ‘clean, tidy and tidy workspace
- Help maintain warehouse safety
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Respect OHSA and others applicable standards. Report concerns and concerns to management
- Will support and comply with the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures
- Keep appropriate records and reports to ensure tight inventory control and security are maintained
- Help with physical inventories
- Ensure proper inventory rotation
- Coordinate, if necessary,with all other departments/functions
- Value added services
- Carry out labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and repacking as needed
- Execute special projects/tasks as assigned
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
- Handle, reach, touch, perform fine motor manipulations with your hands and perform gross motor manipulations involved in changing pallets, manipulating forklift controls, getting on and off the forklift
- Drive a forklift/trans-stacker up to 40 feet off the ground;
- Using a computer terminal
- Using portable scanning devices
- Using wrapping machines, pallet lifts and scales
- Having operational knowledge of the items products and the system for their storage and shipment;
- Work independently and as a team member, make decisions and use appropriate organizational and time management skills
- Execute the physical requests listed in the \”Physical Requests\” section
- Communicate well with other employees and supervisors
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Have visual/hearing acuity required to read transport documents/invoices/labels/computer screen and hear alert alerts
- Work with flexible schedules/shifts, including overtime
- Complete written and performance forklift certification tests
- Demonstrate a good presence
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 1 year of experience in the warehouse environment
- Knowledge/skills: must be able to read, count accurately, do simple calculations and write legibly. The ability to follow directions with an emphasis on safety is extremely important. Knowledge of MHE is required. He must be able to change priorities easily.
- Special requirements: Must have responsible work habits. Must meet OSHA and corporate requirements for MHE training and certification. Overtime is required periodically. Perform special projects as assigned. Get L’Oreal Forklift Certification.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise way;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility for actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to manage complex situations that often need to provide innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Orientedto the results;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of the work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required of an operator in charge in this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and pride ourselves on a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices on grounds of race, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected state.
If you need a reasonable solution to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance by completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be taken into consideration. ”
Vacancy Type: $34,000/yr – $58,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time
Job Location: North Little Rock, AR
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com