Website Rio Tinto
This Job Listing is about Rio Tinto in Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand 2022
- Permanent opportunity at Tiwai, Invercargill, NZ
- An autonomous role, deal with and form working relations with a number of external vendors.
- Day work role- great work life balance!
About The Role
Metal Products has an opportunity for a highly organised and driven individual to join the Sales and Scheduling output team. You will be a key team member for moving metal offsite so an essential part of Shipping & Logistics leadership team. This role will take accountability for carrying out routine and assigned Warehouse operations including
- Daily interaction with warehousing and logistics contractors to ensure efficient and effective manifesting and shipping activities.
- Management of dispatches and delivery requirements.
- Development and maintenance of daily dispatch schedule to ensure all delivery commitments are achieved.
- Raw materials inventory control and monitoring.
- Daily and weekly production reporting
- Provide cover for Shipping Officer role as required.
What You Will Bring
- The ability to co-ordinate contractors and external agencies.
- The ability to self manage your time around meeting deadlines,
- Comprehensive working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and Metpro .
- A NZ Class 1 driver licence and a NZ OSH to drive the forklift (and the F endorsement once the OSH certificate is refreshed). A NZ Class 2 driver licence is advantageous but not essential.
It is critical that the successful candidate has a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and a demonstrated commitment to NZAS values and to the safety of themselves and others. A broad knowledge and experience in a heavy industry, warehousing or logistics environment would be advantageous.
What We Offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you’ll be working
Based at Tiwai Point in New Zealand’s south, NZAS makes aluminium with one of the lowest carbon footprints in the world, and it is the only aluminium smelter to produce ultra-high purity metal using renewable hydroelectricity. Receiving the majority of its alumina from our Yarwun and Queensland Alumina Limited refineries in Gladstone, Australia, the smelter produces more than 335,000 tonnes of aluminium each year.
In January 2021, NZAS reached a new electricity agreement which will extend operations to December 2024. By joining us now, we will set you up for the future. Work is already underway to reskill and retrain our people, with skills transferrable to other industries.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Company: Rio Tinto
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A