Website LifeMed Alaska
Are you looking for a Job at LifeMed Alaska in Anchorage, AK
About the work
LifeMed Alaska currently has a full-time EMT slot in our Anchorage-based Ground division. This position will work per Kelly’s schedule, including three 24-hour shifts with 24 hours off in between, followed by four days off in rotation.
Under the direct supervision of the shift supervisor, the EMT will be responsible for assisting in the planning, delivery, evaluation and documentation of direct patient care, including those patients with complex care needs and involved in the pre-hospital environment . It maintains a safe, therapeutic and organized environment. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to assess and provide appropriate care based on the patient’s age and condition. All tasks and patient care provided will be performed in accordance with LifeMed Alaska policies and procedures and the Medical Operations Manual (MOM) approved by the Medical Director or received from Online Medical Control.
1. Functions in unusual situations; has a basic understanding of the stress response and methods for ensuring personal well-being; comprises the isolation of bodily substance; understands basic medico-legal principles; functions within the scope of care, as defined by state, regional and local regulatory agencies.
2. Under the auspices of the Medical Director, diagnose and treat medical emergencies in the pre-hospital setting and safely transport patients to the medical centeradequate.
3. Operate emergency vehicles and patient transport units safely and properly in accordance with all applicable organizational laws and regulations.
4. Lift, carry and transport patients safely and properly, using appropriate equipment and techniques, always keeping patient safety and comfort as top priorities.
5. Make sure that the assigned ambulance is always clean and tidy, properly stocked in accordance with company standards and that all equipment is clean and in proper mechanical condition, checking the items required by the fleet management.
6. Maintain familiarity with the specialized equipment used by the service.
7. Clearly and completely document all patient care using an approved format.
8. Maintain a clean and tidy environment in crew quarters.
9. Participate in continuing education programs and refresher training as required by employers, medical control, licensing or certification agencies.
10. Must be able to operate a company vehicle in accordance with state law and company policy.
11. Must be able to work in a constant state of alert and in a safe manner.
12. Complete other roles as designated
DUTIES OF QA/EDUCATION:
1. Participate in quality assurance and performance improvement activities. Continuously seeks ways to improve performance, safety, efficiency and effectivenessfrom the company.
2. Develop quality improvement standards related to all program activities. Effectively communicates problem resolution and offers ideas and support to deliver quality services. Participates in patient monitoring for quality control and customer satisfaction.
3. Maintains all necessary certifications and training. You take responsibility for your own participation in all training sessions scheduled to maintain, improve, or update advanced practice and operational skills.
4. Actively seeks professional development opportunities.
ALASKA FED CODE OF ETHICS:
1. Demonstrates knowledge and participation in maintaining an ethical environment during all LMA activities and associations.
2. All LMA personnel must maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA law.
3. Participate in the marketing and promotion of the LMA by supporting organizational goals, professional conduct, exhibiting organizational pride, and delivering the highest possible quality of service to the customer and community.
Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
Experience: Minimum two years of licensed driver experience required.
License Required: EMT certification from the current state of Alaska, Current American Heart Association. It will depend on the EMT level.
Required certifications: please ask, it will depend on EMT level.
Other Qualifications: Required to take a defensive driving course. The training must have included an EVOS (Emergency Vehicle Operator Safety) or equivalent and must be repeated every two years. Must retain the ability to pass repeated background checks and to possess an identification badge issued by the TSA and airport security.
Presence: regular presence is required for this position.
English language: must be able to read, write and speak English.
Company: LifeMed Alaska
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Anchorage, AK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.