Website The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
This Job Listing is about The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. in Malé, Maldives 2022
Job Number 22177671
Job Category Landscaping & Grounds
Location The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands, North Male Atoll, Male, Maldives, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
About The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
The property is ideally located at Fari Islands, in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, which is a 45- minute journey by speedboat or a 10-minute seaplane flight from Malé International Airport. The resort features white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons and coral reefs with marine life. Shaped by the Maldivian sun and shored by the Indian Ocean, guest villas at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Island are expected to range in size from one to three bedrooms, featuring the refined elegance and legendary service that define The Ritz-Carlton brand. The property is also expected to offer a choice of outstanding culinary venues serving an array of international and local cuisines, in addition to a full suite of fitness and recreational facilities including a signature Ritz-Carlton Spa. The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is part of Fari Islands, an archipelago that features three world-class hospitality brands inclusive of The Ritz-Carlton. The guests are expected to have access to a picturesque Fari Marina – the archipelago’s communal beating heart. Built around a vibrant Beach Club, Fari Marina features charming boutiques and a handpicked selection of dining options. Spaces have been designed by the renowned Kerry Hill Architects, to bring about a delicate balance of serene and social.
Position has responsibility for maintaining the grounds and keeping golf course turf in playing condition. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education And Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; 2 years experience in the landscaping/grounds or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
- Consults with the Director of Grounds/Director of Golf to plan and review work projects.
- Determines work priorities related to specific tasks such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking and spraying.
- Ensures all lawns and plantings are properly watered, fertilized and cared for to promote healthy growth and prevent problems.
- Ensures compliance with all Grounds departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures contractors quality of work and compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Helps maintain inventory of irrigation and other critical items.
- Helps to manage the overall look of the golf course including lawn care and maintenance, irrigation, horticultural/pruning, weed control, pest and disease control.
- Keeps equipment maintained and operating at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Mixes and prepares recommended spray and dust solutions.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
- Recognizes potential problems and takes corrective action.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Walks the golf course on a daily basis to ensure clean up and job assignments are being followed.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Company: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malé, Maldives
Application Deadline: N/A