Website easypc llc
This Job Listing is about easypc llc in London Area, United Kingdom 2022
Permanent Full time OR Part time hours available
Vacancy Details For Laboratory Technician
Working for one of the UKs leading asbestos consultancies, we are looking for an individual who has a proven track record within an Asbestos Laboratory and must have your P401 qualification.As a Laboratory Technician, you will support the business in delivering services to clients.Your principal role will be to book in samples and sample data, analysis of samples, assisting in the weekly running of the laboratory and production of certificates to UKAS accredited standards.
Reporting the Laboratory Manager, you will work collaboratively with your colleagues in the laboratory, field based team of asbestos surveyors and in house report writing QA team.You will be required to display competence in the lab in order to provide high quality analysis in accordance with the IAS Quality manual and UKAS accreditation.
Key Responsibilities For Laboratory Technician
- Undertake a range of laboratory focused duties, including analysis of samples in adherence to strict analytical and quality standards.
- Data entry of all results collected from analysis carried out.
- Formulating asbestos analysis reports
- Responsible for the output of the laboratory
- Ensuring a continuous throughput of bulk samples through the laboratory on a daily basis
- Calibration of equipment used in field
- Maintaining stock levels
- Up to date with relevant legislation and the Quality Manual
- Be proactive to ensure the product is delivered on time
- Contribute to developing new services and systems
- Meet all legal obligations required to be met by the company as a provider of asbestos related services and an employer
- Take personal responsibility for productivity and billable time
- Ensure that the culture of the company is one that is honest and open and values everyones opinions and contributions
- Proactively engage in training and development provided by the company
What We Are Looking For
- P401 Certification (Identification of asbestos in bulk samples by PLM)
- Experience of working in UKAS accredited laboratory around
- A good team player
- Detail focussed
- Great analytical approach and problem solver
- Scientific/Maths A-levels or HND or Degree in either a science or construction/surveying subject
About The Company
Our client is a very established SME who provide a wide range of property related professional services nationally to public sector and private sector organisations.
Success and growth are testimony to the exceptional people they employee.The company offer market leading company benefits as well as personal development of all staff through training, coaching and career progression.Throughout the year many social events are planned such as BBQs, wellbeing days, go karting, etc.
The company is also within Best Companies Top 100 Medium sized organisations to work for!
- Flexible working considered
- 26 days annual leave (3 days allocated over the Christmas shut down) plus 8 days BH
- Accrue additional holidays for length of service
- Opportunity to buy additional annual leave or sell surplus leave
- Enhanced employer pension contributions of 4% when you contribute 6%.
- Access to an online staff discount platform.
- Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, providing a suite of wellbeing services to support your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing as well as providing legal and financial advice services.
- Healthcare scheme, providing support with access to private consultations and tests as well as physiotherapy and mental health support for occasions when the NHS cannot help in a timely manner.
- Provision of Life insurance/Death in service offering 2 x salary cover.
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme, offering savings of at least 32%* on a new bike and cycle safety accessories.
- Access to Payroll Giving allowing you to make charitable donations on a tax free basis to charities and good causes of their choice as these donations are taken before tax for every £1.00 donated it will only cost you 80p/60p higher rate.
- Provision of free fruit and snacks as part of our commitment to staff welfare.
If you are interested in a new job opportunity as a Laboratory Technician,please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss on a confidential basis.
Company: easypc llc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London Area, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A