Are you looking for a Job at Kroger in Tucson, AZ
About the job
Company Name: Fry’s Food Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve the Front-end performance goals and best practices. Drive the department in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Front-end department. Direct the day-to-day functions of Front-end operations. Responsible for the execution of best practices, goals and Front-end standards established for the department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Monitor and control supply expenses for the department.
- Manage cash control, sales and cash items and records for the store.
- Manage the scheduling of Front-end associates to provide adequate department coverage.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for all entry level store hiring..
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs..
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Oversee and manage the efficient operations of all functions and activities of the Front-end.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Retail or Customer Service experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Fry’s Food Stores: Fry’s Food Stores is headquartered in Tolleson, Arizona. The company employs more than 17,000 Arizona residents who help us serve more than one million households per week. Fry’s has been providing Arizonans with fresh food at famous low prices since 1960. Fry’s Food Stores is a proud member of the Kroger Co. based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ || Tucson || 1795 W. Valencia Rd. || 85746 || Fry’s Food Stores || None || Store Management; Digital/e-Commerce || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.