Are you looking for a Job at Kitopi in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Kitopi is the world’s leading managed cloud kitchen platform – we partner with restaurants and food concepts to help them expand beyond borders. Founded in 2018, our mission is to satisfy the world’s appetite and we currently work with over 150 brands.
Kitopi (pronounced: “Kee-Toh-Pee”) stands for Kitchen Utopia. We serve as enablers to our brand partners in the food market by providing services centered around (but not limited to) sourcing, preparing, producing, and packaging – working closely with our delivery partners to help deliver exceptional food, on our customer’s terms. We are able to achieve this with our in-built, pioneering cloud kitchen technology – a first-of-its-kind innovation.
Our services have also expanded beyond the kitchen to include groceries – Shop Kitopi, subscription-based meal plans, and a first-of-its-kind on-demand food court concept Mix ‘N’ Match. Kitopi currently operates more than 80 kitchens across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, and Bahrain, thanks to more than 2500 amazing Kitopians.
And we can’t wait for you to join us.
The Associate – Health & Safety will be responsible for developing and executing an inclusive companywide health & safety strategy for Kitopi. You will oversee all issues related to the health and safety of our employees including developing, executing, and sustaining company health & safety policies, standards, programs, and processes. The primary areas of focus are Hazard and Risk Management; Regulatory Compliance; Security; Emergency Preparedness and Response. This position reports to the Manager – Regional Health & Safety .
What You’ll Do
- Assist in investigation, recording, and report preparation of any incident or accidents on site and report to the Manager – Health & Safety.
- Conduct an HSE audit for the assigned kitchen, prepare a report, and follow up on a corrective action plan.
- Train the staff on topics related to health & safety & emergency preparedness.
- Assist in developing and implementing risk assessment for the kitchens.
- Liaise with the third-party service providers for issues related to fire life safety.
- Review, update and improve if necessary current sops related to safety & security, emergency response procedures in line with the global safety and security guidelines.
- Plan and execute the mock drills to test the emergency preparedness.
- Deliver H&S Inductions for new employees.
- Monitoring of new projects for compliance with health & safety requirements.
- Liaise with facility team to rectify the safety & security-related issues.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring, and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance. Ensure all legislative requirements are documented, reviewed and training is carried out.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of internal stakeholders to influence and implement policies/procedures.
- Promote actively participate & provide support to the Business Excellence team in compliance with the safety and security, food safety, and quality standards.
What Are We Looking For?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Engineering (or equivalent degree).
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Health & Safety related position in a catering company is a must.
- IOSH or NEBOSH IGC Qualification.
- Leadership and team working skills within own area and across the business.
- Effective usage of data analysis tools.
- With a strong personality and can handle high-pressure situations.
- With experience in handling Local Municipality Inspections
- Working knowledge and experience with OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001.
- Driving license holder.
- A team builder who can coach and mentor team members and work closely with employees on their continued development.
- Develops and maintains good relationships, gains the confidence of others, and works effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix environment.
- Strategic thinker with creative and excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Resilient self-starter, who can act independently and learn quickly within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience managing remote and/or global teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to critically interpret and use scientific and clinical data to manage risk assessment.
- Able to effectively collaborate with site operations, functional leaders, and external clients and vendors.
- Perceptive, creative, and innovative with the ability to contribute new ideas and to build consensus.
- Uphold the values of Kitopi, leading by example and holding self and others accountable to demonstrating those behaviors.
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work, in the world. We want to empower you to be the best version of yourself every single day – we wouldn’t have it any other way. Our Kitopi values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included, and that they belong.
While we have offices in 6 countries, we are over 75 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy against racism, bigotry, and hate.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a “work from anywhere” policy – you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe that will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org