KBR, Inc. careers in Al Kharj, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – PSAB: Project Mechanical Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Website KBR, Inc.
Are you looking for a Job at KBR Inc in Al Kharj, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Project Mechanical Engineer (ME) shall provide architectural and engineering services that support project, work order, and work request operations.
These functions are to ensure the delivery of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- Knowledge and Familiarity with War Reserve Material (WRM) assets
- Efforts include planning for repair and maintenance, designing, providing technical support, and updating record drawings.
- Provide effective Electrical Engineering support to ensure projects are designed and completed to support mission requirement based on guidance from 378 Engineering Flight Chief.
- Develop and administer Activity/Asset Management Plans (AMP) that translates Air Force and installation objectives into asset-related decisions by understanding assets’ physical attributes, condition, usage, and performance as well as the realized and potential value to the mission. These plans should balance risk, current and future objectives, resource limitations, and lifecycle management.
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Design and develop designs along with scope of work in support of various projects on PSAB.
- Provide frequent updates to the 378 Engineering Flight Chief along with briefings upcoming projects prior to sending to 378 ECONS for solicitation.
- Ensure compliance with all US laws, Saudi Labor Law, US EPA Guidelines, Final Governing Standards (FGS), Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD), US Building Codes, Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) standards. In addition, ensure site activities comply with applicable US, DoD, and Host Country codes and standards to include American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), International Plumbing Code (IPC), National Plumbing Code (NPC), Building & Fire codes concerning health, safety, and the environment in the design and construction of real property facilities at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 4 years relevant experience on similar projects.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver’s License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
- Project management, pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player with decision-making ability.
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments or within the Engineering and Construction Industry.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
Company: KBR, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Al Kharj, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.