Website Zinc8 Energy Solutions
This Job Listing is about Zinc8 Energy Solutions in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 2022
Zinc8 Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. An expanding market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, microgrid and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed engineering nucleus, Zinc8 is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
We are looking for a Junior / Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Hardware team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting hardware development for Zinc8’s next generation product. You will also gain valuable hands-on experience in circuit design and PCB development. To be successful in this role, candidates typically possess experience in troubleshooting and repairing hardware as well as having experience with Altium PCB CAD software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing analog and digital circuits with Altium PCB Software
- Developing and execute test plans for new hardware designs
- Troubleshooting PCBs
- Preparing and/or reviewing technical drawings (cable drawings, P&ID, schematics, etc.)
- Performing hands-on board/component level modifications on prototype electrical systems
- Maintaining lab equipment functionality and cleanliness
- Maintaining hardware design documentation and BOM’s
- Adhering to safety and environmental procedures for self and fellow employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience bringing up, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware
- Experience with Altium PCB CAD software
- Good understanding of hardware protocols such as SPI, UART, I2C, QSPI, 1-wire
- Proficiency with electronic lab test and measurement equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, etc.)
- Aptitude for mechanical assembly and troubleshooting
- Ability to work from engineering drawings and BOMs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience working with industrial sensors and actuators.
- Working knowledge of EMC/EMI standards and test requirements
- Desire to design, develop products for renewable and energy storage systems
We offer a competitive salary with generous benefits. We promote an open and inclusive environment in which our colleagues are encouraged to be creative and resourceful.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc..
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment.
Company: Zinc8 Energy Solutions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A