Jacobs Jobs in Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia – Resident Engineer (Mechanical & HVAC Works)
Are you looking for a Job at Jacobs in Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is delivering engineering and construction management services on a major port project in Dammam. This project includes construction of new terminal buildings, construction of berth, repair and renovation of existing berths, levelling and ground improvement, pavements, ducts and pits for buried services, revetments, quay deck and yard pavement repair, buildings renovation etc.
You will provide oversight of the construction supervision of the projects to ensure that the design documentation is safely and accurately implemented on site, and that the requirements of the construction contract are followed.
Job Responsibilities includes
- Perform the duties of the RE on site in accordance with the construction contract
- Management and direction of a team of ARE’s Engineers and Inspectors for the supervision of the construction of the works
- Acts as prime point of contact with the client for the construction supervision aspects of the project, including progress reporting, safety, financial recommendations, quality control and design modifications
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Project Manager and with the client & contractor’s counterpart staff.
- Places an emphasis on safe construction practices (Beyond Zero) and on maintaining a high quality of construction – leads by example in driving safe practices on site
- Uses effective project management and controls systems to regularly report on progress to the Project Manager
- Monitors progress of construction against the program and takes steps to ensure the program is achieved
- Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the supervision works and monitors it for improvement. Cooperates with audits required in accordance with the contract requirements and company internal systems
- Defines the scope of work of any sub-consultants and ensures that their employment is effectively administered
- Identifies software and systems required for the administration of the project construction supervision
- Contributes to the safety and build-ability reviews of the proposed designs
- Evaluates, selects, and adapts construction management and control techniques, procedures, and criteria to suit job tasks, and devises and implements solutions to problems encountered
- Ensures that the Construction Supervision team members effectively identify, manage and report project risks.
Here’s What You’ll Need
15 years of experience in site supervision and management of Ports & Marine Projects, specifically HVAC works.
Previous RE Experience on large scale projects
Engineering Degree from an recognised university
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.