This Job Listing is about Highgate in Orlando, FL 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Courtyard by Marriott – Willemstad
Pater Euwensweg 11
The IT Supervisor is responsible for directing and coordinating the operation of the computer hardware, software and systems of the hotel, ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed, and rectifying any problems which arise.
- Plans, leads, and oversees all MIS operations, technology and services.
- Consults with department heads and upper-level management to understand computing needs, recommending and implementing hardware, software, applications, and services to meet these needs.
- Installs, updates, tests, and maintains new network equipment, servers, databases, and other technology.
- Assists with troubleshooting of complex and specialized problems and needs.
- Maintains records, logs, and metrics related to service and support provided.
- Maintains inventory of workstations, peripherals, software licenses, and other equipment and supplies.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in technology, systems, applications, and equipment; applies this knowledge to recommend and acquire technology suitable for the organization’s needs.
- Negotiates prices for hardware, software licensure, and services from vendors if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4-year MBO in IT
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in an MIS system or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of information technology, microcomputer hardware and software and networking principles.
- Thorough understanding of design, installation, maintenance, and operation of workstations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software and Company approved spreadsheets and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific systems.
- Able to communicate fluently in English (verbally and in written). Papiamentu, Dutch and Spanish is a plus
- Experience in a hotel or related industry
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Must be available also during irregular hours
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Courtyard by Marriott Curaçao/Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Courtyard by Marriott Curaçao/Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must have the legal rights to work and live in Curacao
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Application Deadline: N/A