Are you looking for a Job at InterContinental Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Set-up daily mise-en-place as per standards.
Cleans and monitors work areas, equipment, utensils and Cold Room.
Arranges plates and helps in dishing out of meal portions according to the K.O.T. (Kitchen Order Ticket).
Assist his immediate work colleagues, Supervisor in the performance of his duties.
Takes charge of IInd Commis and if necessary in the absence of the Chef-in-charge and ensure all the standards are maintained consistently.
Records all Recipes in his own Recipe Book.
Works under the supervision and close guidance of the Demi Chef and Chef-in-
Prepares Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Potatoes and daily mise-en-place according to their requirement and keeps a close watch on them before they run short of it.
Listens to guest complaints, comments and relays same to his Superior and ensures proper action plan prepared by the Chef is followed.
Ensures to report on duty on time and maintain punctuality.
Reports for overtime as and when requested by the Chef-in-charge
Collects items from the Store against the proper requisition and place them in the proper place on first-in first-out basis.
Ensures that the hot food displayed are at the correct temperature.
Ensures all the refilling are well presented on the buffet and maintains the quality.
Follows all training classes which are held in the hotel.
Provides and maintains the highest standard of guest care and service.
Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
Ensures that your designated uniform is worn well pressed and in a good state of repair and to ensure that you wear a name badge at all times.
Familiarizes yourself with your departmental Service Performance & Product Standards and to be able to demonstrate their application consistently.
Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
To handle any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to your Supervisor.
To adhere at all times to all company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies.
To act on your responsibilities for Health and Safety at work.
To demonstrate a working knowledge of fire prevention and to follow the hotel evacuation plan on hearing the alarm.
To be security conscious with respect to guest, staff and hotel property/welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to your Supervisor.
To maintain your departmental area in a safe, hygienic and presentable state at all times and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to your
To cooperate and communicate with your colleagues, Supervisors and Management to ensure effective departmental team work and high morale.
To attend any meetings, training sessions or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your Supervisor/Manager.
To follow all procedures set up for the protection of the environment within the hotel and grounds.
To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by your Supervisor or Management.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Located on beach front and with a view of the Hajjar Mountains, InterContinental Muscat is a five-star resort in the heart of the city’s residential, government and diplomatic quarter. The hotel’s Palm Beach Club offers two floodlit tennis courts, a 25-metre olympic size pool, a leisure pool, a fully equipped fitness center, sauna, jacuzzi and easy access to the beach. Local sites of interest include the Grand Mosque, Opera House and Amouage Perfume Factory. Key Job Responsibilities
Health Safety & Security
- Operate equipment using procedure learnt during training to company standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
- Establish and maintain strict security procedures within your department, especially areas relating to key control, bedroom access and vigilance of the team. We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits with great room discount with IHG hotels worldwide. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
Company: InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A