Website GovTech Singapore
This Job Listing is about GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Government Infrastructure Group (GIG)
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for digital infrastructure that supports the Whole-of-Government (WOG). We are the infrastructure architects and engineers who architect, design and deliver an agile, secure and sustainable infrastructure which enables a digital government for Singapore.
How We Work
Aside from formulating the infrastructure strategy and roadmap at WOG level, we also develop prototypes using new technologies and establish standards and best practices to guide the design and implementation of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure.
We examine factors such as people, culture, policies and processes to provide a secure, predictive and always-on platform, enabling public officers to work anywhere and anytime.
By leveraging on innovative Cloud and Saas technologies, we architect, design, build and deliver Cloud and Datacentre hosting environments and common services which support government agencies in accelerating and developing modern applications and services.
Transforming ICT infrastructure through modernisation and automation is also our key focus. Using latest technology and best practices, we deliver secure and utility-based services to WOG, so that government agencies can function efficiently and seamlessly.
We are also passionate about building and uplifting ICT engineering know-how for the WOG in critical infrastructure domains, which we advance through experimentation, prototype development, consultancy and training.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of the team to design and deliver endpoint and end-user services for Windows, iOS and Android devices for the Singapore Government. You will be expected to conceptualise, implement and manage the Government’s Digital Workplace services and ensure high levels of availability, performance and security across the Whole-of-Government.
You will collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines such as software developers, data engineers, UX designers and product managers. Experienced hires can also expect to take on supervisory roles leading a team of engineers.
What you will be working on:
- Work with product managers to design, develop, test, implement and operate endpoint and end-user services in Windows, iOS and Android environments
- Work closely with the solution architects to rationalise the technical design and ensure the solution works well with Government infrastructure, policies, standards and security requirements
- Translate the technical solution/design into technical specifications and functional requirements
- Lead and work with service providers and product principals to deliver and manage the services and ensure efficient operations management and timely incident and problem resolution
You will work on one or more of the following products:
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)
- Low/Zero-touch device provisioning
- Device monitoring and analytics
- Digital Experience Management (DEM)
- Software deployment and patch management
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
What we are looking for:
- Has a keen interest in technology and latest technology trends
- A team player comfortable with collaborating outside of reporting lines
- Able to analyse, trouble-shoot and diagnose issues quickly and accurately
- Has a service-oriented mindset and knows what makes for good user experience
- Preferably possesses experience in one or more of the product areas above, but fresh graduates are also welcome
Selected candidates may be offered an Associate, Senior or Lead Engineer position depending on their relevant skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A