Website The Global Edge Consultants
This Job Listing is about The Global Edge Consultants in Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique 2022
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Global Edge is an international firm specializing in project staffing for the Energy sector, with a presence in Mozambique since 2014. We are the game changers and multi-award-winning agency in the global staffing arena, redefining what excellence means in recruitment.
Our client, a global a major supplier of heavy sands products to the customer base operating in over 15 countries, is looking to appoint a successful IT Project Manager to be based in Maputo, Mozambique
Lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects. The project manager must do this within scope, to a certain quality, and within time and cost constraints. These factors may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine a time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and the assignment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline a work plan.
- Act as a coach to project leaders, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding project management practices.
- Responsible for the project management office development in company, championing the qualification and development programs across the company.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Analyze project proposals to determine a time frame, funding limitations and appropriate processes for accomplishing projects.
- Review/approve the work plan of an external service provider or consultancy contracted to execute the project.
- Implement a project communication plan.
- Conduct risk assessment and mitigation.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of information while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the organization.
- Ensure that project goals are in line with business objectives, and they are achieved.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to project personnel and define the scope of their authority.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modified schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Benchmark project management performance continuously to identify the potential for improvements and increase capability in project and portfolio management.
- Project sponsor and key stakeholders
- Project team/staff (including designated users or customers)
- Business unit (BU) management and executives
- Enterprise architects
- Subject matter experts (such as in security or compliance)
- Infrastructure and operations staff
- Business analysts
- Final business users
- External service providers’ and consultancies’ project manager(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems (IS), computer science or related field, or equivalent IT experience. Master’s degree preferred. Program manager training and certification in waterfall and agile methodologies are desirable.
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem-solving.
- Five years of successfully managing complex and risky projects. Experience deploying ERP will be a plus.
- Five or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem-solving.
- Experience in leading diverse teams
- Experience and ability in using “soft skills” or “people skills”.
- Preferably five or more years of experience in related, mining or manufacturing is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional management skills with the ability to develop and communicate clearly to the management level and to direct reports by inspiring and motivating staff.
- Excellent analytical, planning and execution skill with effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen, including in the manufacturing/mining industry. It is a must to have experience managing and deploying ERP platforms in large organizations. Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies is a must.
- Experience with ICT operations and monitoring leveraging ITIL and DevOps’ principles, defining KPIs and performance management.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management.
- Knowledgeable with IS/IT systems and infrastructure, especially for cloud environments. Experience with IoT and Machine Learning will be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Ability to identify and leverage resources internally and externally to the company to enhance capabilities that drive digital business
- Ability to build capabilities that effectively balance the needs for continuously exploiting capabilities to optimize operational efficiency, with delivering innovative and agile ICT solutions to enable the business to explore digital business opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the ICT workforce.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
Knowledge and Skills
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills. This blend is vital because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact.
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies, and of how other enterprises are using them to drive digital business.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience with major, defined program management approaches (for example, that of the Project Management Institute or PRINCE2 and agile approaches).
- Significant knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools (for example, Microsoft Project and Open Workbench), with a solid track record of practical application.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
Company: The Global Edge Consultants
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique
Application Deadline: N/A