Website Equitable Facilities Fund
This Job Listing is about Equitable Facilities Fund in New York City Metropolitan Area 2022
Impact Investing Associate
About Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF)
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing public charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $600 million to schools serving 50,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Equity is at the core of our mission, and we invest in schools that create opportunity for students and communities that have traditionally been denied access to high-quality educational opportunities.
If you’re seeking to have a community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Impact Investing Associate will play a critical role in EFF’s efforts to provide over $2 billion of affordable charter school facility financing by 2026. Reporting to an Investment Principal, the Associate will support the sourcing, underwriting, and closing of a high-impact portfolio of school loans. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical skills, enthusiastically approach the sometimes-ambiguous work of a startup, and contribute to building a collaborative, team-oriented culture of excellence.
The Impact Investing Associate will be responsible for:
- Origination and Underwriting: Supporting the structuring, underwriting, and preparation of 8 to 10 transactions per year for credit committee approval.
- Outreach and Sourcing: Participating in EFF’s efforts to develop a pipeline of potential high quality loans through various marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Relationship Management: Supporting the development of new and existing school and stakeholder relationships.
- Data Management: Supporting the maintenance of a database of school and deal-related information including financial, project, enrollment, and academic data.
- Systems Development: Partnering with other team members to develop and refine systems and procedures to optimize EFF’s lending practice.
- Organizational Excellence: Partaking in team-building, strategic planning, and goal-setting processes.
- Special Projects: Depending on skills and interests, opportunities to lead and support special projects designed to advance EFF’s mission and efforts to serve more schools.
- 2-3+ years of professional experience in community and/or commercial lending, debt financing, investment banking, charter school financial management, and/or impact investing
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission to ameliorate educational, financial, and racial inequities
- Demonstrated advocacy for diversity, equity, and inclusion in workplace and investment practices
- Experience with financial, operational, and programmatic due diligence of charter schools or similar entities highly preferred
- Top-notch quantitative, financial modeling, and analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think “outside the box” and pivot as needed to support a growing business
- Customer service orientation and ability to collaborate across functional areas
- High degree of integrity and authenticity and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel 10-25% of time
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $90,000 – $100,000 for NYC hires or $80,000 – $90,000 for non-NYC hires. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits.
New York City residence preferred. However, we are open to other locations. This role is expected to travel to NYC for approximately 3-4 days each month.
The Impact Investing Associate will report to an Investment Principal.
Company: Equitable Facilities Fund
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A