IBM Job in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Attorney
Are you looking for a Job at IBM in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Legal is currently looking for an experienced senior attorney with strong academic credentials to join its MEA Legal Team. The successful candidate will be based in Riyadh with a focus on IBM’s business operations in Saudi Arabia. The role will primarily involve negotiating, drafting, managing and analysing a wide variety of technology services transactions, including strategic outsourcing, software, cloud, analytics, sales, business partner, finance, supplier and teaming agreements with both local and multinational customers and suppliers in the country and wider region. You will also be responsible for providing advice and support to the business and assisting the local management in all legal matters, including but not limited to regulatory matters, operational issues, HR matters, troubled projects, litigation, investigation, transactional support, etc.The candidate will be expected to manage the relationship with the outside counsel and to work with the MEA and wider global Legal team in supporting IBM’s business. The candidate will also be expected to provide support for compliance and ethics matters.
Candidates must be highly motivated, articulate, demonstrate sound communication, negotiation, drafting, people and organizational skills, and be comfortable and confident in dealing directly with all levels of local management. Knowledge of IT, networking, services, hardware, and software industries is a strong plus. The successful candidate will be able to work independently but collaboratively with a high energy and talented team of professionals.
- Qualified attorney/solicitor with 8+ years PQE including in-house experience. Regional and cross boarder experience preferred
- Multinational/international legal knowledge and expertise is preferred.
- Knowledge of contractual law, anti-trust, company law, labor law, Intellectual Property, and litigation. Ability to negotiate, draft and vet contracts that address complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to speak articulately and persuasively to individuals at all management levels.
- Ability to determine appropriate action/solutions to complex legal and business issues dealing with clients and customers.
- Requires law degree. Admitted to practice in local jurisdiction with relevant practice experience.
- English & Arabic Fluency is essential
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to lead and function in a team and work independently
- Ability to accept responsibility/high ethical standards
- Ability to identify and assess risks and make objective decisions in the best interest of the company, taking the relevant legal and business issues into consideration
- Sound drafting, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to react positively to a changing environment
- Ability to express clearly both verbally and writing
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and to meet critical deadlines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8+ years post qualification experience in practice as an attorney or advocate and relevant in-house experience preferably as leader of an in-house department.
- Knowledge of networking, consulting services, hardware and software industries a strong plus
- Relevant in-house experience
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Additional business, tax, commercial or other appropriate qualification is preferable
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.