IBM Job in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Security Consultant (SIOC)
Are you looking for a Job at IBM in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security Consulting (SIOC) team takes a holistic approach to building and operating cyber security and response solutions and capabilities that support the cyber threat management and regulatory compliance needs of the world’s largest enterprises. Our team combines robust methodologies for security intelligence and operations with industry-experienced consultants and market-leading technology.
The (SIOC) Senior Security Consultant will take direction from the SIOC leader and work directly with the client to ensure the security solutions are implemented or improved according to the client’s business requirements. The Senior Security Consultant will work to develop solutions and capabilities to identify, analyze, and respond to cyber attacks, violations, and abuse within the client environment.
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with various business groups, executive management, and other key business stake-holders.
- Manage or lead the day-to-day operations of a cyber-defense capability on behalf of the client (if needed/required).
- Develop solution processes, procedures, and information workflows.
- Develop threat models
- Develop business lead use cases and correlations rules
- Assist the client and consultant team as needed to ensure all aspects of the project are completed on-time.
- Establish and manage project plans for SIOC engagements.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the client and with IBM leadership team regarding the overall progress of the project, current challenges, risks, and other information that may impact the project
- Manage engagement risk and define deliverable content.
- Assist with team selection (recruiting, interviewing, etc).
- Manage skill development, training, and career progression of client solution staff (if needed).
- Develop client solution staffing schedules and training plans.
- Serve as the primary IBM approver for solution processes, procedures, and information workflows for the engagement.
- Engages in peer-to-peer dialogue with clients about their industry and their situation
- Opens new discussions and builds new opportunities with clients
- Builds strong rapport with clients creating respect and trust
- Opens new relationship opportunities within the client environment
- Understands how to construct and gain agreement for business cases
- Selects appropriate tools available to develop and validate business cases
- Shapes and influences client attitudes to outcomes and key benefits for both the client and IBM
- Plan and lead delivery of workshops and facilitated client events
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years working within the information security field, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection and analysis, firewall deployment, compliance efforts, and security event analysis.
- 4+ years’ experience leading a security operations center team to solve business problems
- Experience in designing and building security or network operations centers, implementing and managing (processes, technology, governance model, people)
- Incident management process development and/or incident management experience
- Ability to train level 1 and level 2 security operations center analysts/engineers
- Product knowledge of SIEM: Qradar is a plus, ArcSight, SPLUNK, etc.
- Depth of Knowledge in Threat modeling, Use Cases and response runbooks (A Must)
- Experience in building Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting capabilities, log management or security information management tools, Security Assessment tools (NMAP, Nessus, Metasploit, Netcat)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Great customer service skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Professional certifications to include CISSP, SANS GCIA, GMON, Cloud certifications are a plus (i.e. AWS)
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.