Are you looking for a Job at IBM in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Leadership Received From (directly)
Assistant Chief Engineer
Leadership Received From (indirectly)
Director of Engineering
Engineering – Colleagues, Guests
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To oversee the Engineering operations of the Hotel
- To interact with Housekeeping, Front Office Team to ensure our guests receives high level of service
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests ‘satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the guests and to be committed to service excellence
Planning & Organizing
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Engineering and Management in planning for the investment, project and replacement budget on a yearly basis.
- Conduct interviews for candidates in the department in conjunction with the Director of Engineering and Human Resources and prepare job descriptions
- Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
- Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
- All technical installation on hotel plant, sewage system, fresh water / desalination plant, emergency generator, air condition system, irrigation systems, car work shop, technical building, laundry & kitchen equipment, cooling systems, swimming pools, hotel lighting, in-house music & TV system, plumbing, carpentry, painting, paging system, telephone system, transportation (cars, busses).
- Handling and managing and sufficient storing of spare parts.
- Train and develop the Engineering team in the departmental operating standards
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of engineering operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- To lead daily Engineering briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the engineering team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- To ensure a consistent high standard of grooming is followed by self and team
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
- Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
- Attend training classes as scheduled to enhance work skills and knowledge.
- Show full cooperation and respect within the team and other departments.
- Is aware of the daily activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel facilities.
- Coordinates and preventive Maintenance & Repair schedule and allocate duties and checklists to the team.
- Ensures Dyna Win system is used at its full capacity to capture data.
- Is responsible for the upkeep of all machinery, technical systems, plants, energy, etc. of the entire hotel site.
- To provide maintenance support and lead by example by getting involved in maintenance issues and assisting with projects from a hands on perspective
- To ensure all tasks are completed with a focus on quality by auditing allocated jobs on a daily basis
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all Mövenpick corporate and local Operational Standards and ensure they are followed.
- Responsible for auditing all work carried out by own or external craftsmen, on the building, plants or technical installations.
- For emerging problems of bigger issue consult a specialist and discuss the problem with the Director of Engineering recording taken decisions or procedures.
- Implement all necessary work procedures for preventive maintenance, initiates respective scheduled procedures and monitors carrying out of work as well as recording the results within appropriate filing system.
- Accordingly provides the sufficient and reasonable supply of spare parts on time.
- Determines for repair work the priorities and takes care for the quick removing of all breakdowns. Does not accept work which is not executed in a competent manner. Passes invoices for payment only when the execution of the work is done as preliminarily agreed and to full satisfaction.
- In case of disputes, involves the Director of Engineering for a decision.
- Stores spare parts and registers all incoming and outgoing items in an organised and accurate fashion
- Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
- Initiates Fire Fighting Training in co-ordination with the Security Manager and the local authorities (Fire Brigade) on a regular basis for all Hotel departments.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Establishes a monthly report of works carried out, machines maintained, special events, DYNA report, consumption of energy and water, etc. to the Director of Engineering & Asst. Chief Engineer.
- Controls and endorses all invoices for installations, tools spare parts and consumption of material and forwards them for payment to the accounting.
- Files and monitors all maintenance contracts and consults/advises the Director of Engineering when needed.
- Is aware of and informs about all agreements with local authorities, insurance companies, external firms, contractors and suppliers, controls their work and invoices.
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve owner/resident/guest satisfaction levels as well as employee productivity and satisfaction
- Oversee the implementation of a training plan for all Engineering team members
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standards
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
I commit to the above requirements of my position and will strive to demonstrate our Values and Core Behaviours in my daily work and confirm I am able to perform the essential function of the role as identified.
Name Of Employee
Signature of employee:
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com