Hill+Knowlton Strategies careers in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Senior Account Executive – Sport, Entertainment, Culture – KSA
Website Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Are you looking for a Job at HillKnowlton Strategies in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Position at Hill+Knowlton Strategies
H+K Strategies Middle East – Sport + Entertainment
Do you love sport, entertainment and culture? And want to work alongside the biggest events, brands, leagues, federations and opportunities in the region?
H+K Strategies sits at the very heart of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking transformations in the history of sport, entertainment and culture and we’re expanding our Saudi Arabia team.
With continued opportunities for some of the biggest organizations in the region we are developing our integrated newsroom function to bring together brilliant talents from creative and communication agencies, journalism, content and publishing, graphics + design, videography + production, data + insights and media buying.
The Senior Account Executive role at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an important step into team and client management. It recognises strength in core communications skills, and begins to develop a focus on management of team and client activity.
At this level, you have opportunity for greater accountability across day-to-day media and influencer relations, active contribution to creative strategy and planning, management of small scale projects and programmes, and creation and editing of client-ready content.
You will be encouraged to develop your leadership capabilities, including delegation to and motivation of junior team members and increased client engagement. You will be highly engaged, creative and organised in your approach, demonstrating passion for and understanding of communications across social and traditional media industries.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At This Level, You Will Be Able To
- Be an integral part of the account team by taking ownership of a client or sections of the Work In Progress report (WIP) such as events, product review activity, and influencer engagement programmes, with oversight by a senior team member
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day publishing work across online and traditional media
- Play a lead role in the conception, preparation, delivery and follow up of events, including press conferences, announcements, media/analyst/influencer briefings, social events, product launch events
- Demonstrate creativity, understanding and attention to detail through the ability to create and edit client-ready content, including press releases, articles, speeches, executive briefing documents and speaking points, social media calendar and content, interview transcripts/summaries and activity reports
- Continue development of language skills for Arabic consultants; including expertise in originating core content for different platforms, localising materials to the Arabic language and audience, and working with the translation team to improve client-ready content
- Draft or review a creative brief and work with designers, producers and other specialists from concept to final product
- Understand and be conversationally competent on popular social media channels; how they work, their audience and purpose, the services they offer and how to optimise content to drive results
- Manage or implement day-to-day community management, including conversations and posts; flag issues/potential issues arising on social channels to account lead with proposal for action
- Extract information, interpret and compile reports from social tools including Sherlock, Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics and Sysomos
- Confidently use and coach on influencer mapping tools, and advise clients on influencer engagement tactics
- Create or review accurate and clear reports for all channels, such as tracker reports, conversation/topic analyses, ad campaign reports, community management and coverage reports
- Build an understanding of current affairs, sector and client challenges, hot topics and trends, and apply industry knowledge in daily work
- Display sound judgement and problem solving as client issues arise
- Meet influencers, media + other client stakeholders on a regular basis
- Actively participate in internal creative brainstorms across all agency sectors and apply creative thinking to all aspects of your work
- Foster relationships within the client team, share knowledge and insight
- Manage the work load and activities of junior team members, team assistants and interns
- Actively participate in team and client meetings, be accountable for tasks owned
- Delegate effectively and know when to escalate issues to senior team members
- Demonstrate presence/gravitas and uphold professional behaviours at all times
- Actively participate in office or team initiatives that enhance H+K’s working environment
- Provide support to the H+K internship and recruitment programme through buddy role, industry networking and H+K’s engagement with local universities
- Act as H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Build an understanding of H+K’s offerings, specialist services, MENAT and global network
- Complete Maconomy time sheets on a weekly basis – mandatory
- Be alert to new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients, and discuss with senior team
- Assist in researching and responding to RFPs for new business proposals
- Support and contribute to industry award entries
- Be familiar with H+K’s social media policy and professional practices
- Contribute to the external marketing activity of H+K Strategies
- Be diligent in submitting expenses in a timely manner
- Secure increasingly responsibility across a client or project scope of work, demonstrate an attitude of accountability and reliability
- Reduce day-to-day reliance on senior team members, act with increased autonomy
- Raise the level and value of interaction with clients, showcase expert sector knowledge in order to elevate the quality of consulting
- Develop digital and creative skillset
- Grow understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid media
- Establish an understanding of the business behind running a successful account – resourcing, budgeting, strategy and planning
- Identify and discuss long term career goals with Line Manager
- Develop presence/gravitas and demonstrate professional behaviour at all times
- University degree
- 3++ years’ relevant industry experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
Company: Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.