This Job Listing is about Solvay in Singapore, Singapore 2022
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
- This position reports to the Head of Sales & Marketing Soda Ash & Derivatives APAC
- The Sales & Marketing role is expected to manage the sales activities of soda ash at his/her accounts and generate new sales development in SEA.
- The primary objective is to develop and grow the sales and business in the soda ash segment.
- He/she will be focused on identifying and developing new business projects with existing or new customers as well as driving current sales and business growth with existing customers in the soda ash segment.
- This role is responsible for implementing the SEA Sales Plan and Strategy and is accountable for
- the commercial results: volume, price, development, contribution margin and marketing in addition to implementing the development pipeline and sales activities.
Education And Experience
Education & Qualification:
- BSc in Business (Chemical knowledge is preferred).
- MSc or MBA will be a plus
- 2 – 5 years of sales and marketing experience, preferably with experience related to the segment
- Sales background in commodities preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of successful sales/negotiations, key account management/business development and internal/external relationships at multiple levels within the organization.
- Working experiences able to bridge cultures
- Strong sales and contract negotiation skills
- Tactical capabilities to adapt locally to a global strategy (smart and wise)
- Relevant commodities background
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Be a SA&D team player : autonomous and always keeping connections with far HQs
- Interpersonal skill as a team player and for customer relationship building
- Someone we can trust
- Manage frustrations appropriately
- Accept that I don’t know
Must-have Language Skills
Business level English
Nice-to-have Language Skills
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you – regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity – to consider a future with us.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A