Website The International Foundation for Electoral Systems
This Job Listing is about The International Foundation for Electoral Systems in Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh 2022
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Already have a profile?
Head of Programs – Bangladesh
Location: Bangladesh, Dhaka
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
Position Number: 22:283
About International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) : IFES advances democracy for a better future. We collaborate with civil society, public institutions and the private sector to build resilient democracies that deliver for all. Our technical assistance and applied research develops trusted electoral bodies capable of conducting credible elections; effective and accountable governing institutions; civic and political processes in which all people can safely and equally participate; and innovative ways in which technology and data can positively serve elections and democracy. Since 1987, IFES has worked in more than 145 countries, from developing to mature democracies. In accordance with IFES’ approach: A society is able to reach its full potential in a world in which people of all genders are fully engaged as equal partners in their families, workplaces and communities. Based on international human rights standards and best practices, IFES promotes political participation, justice and equal rights around the world. IFES reflects these values in its programming and workplace culture.
The greatest assets of IFES are our team members. IFES offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Every member of the IFES team is responsible for carrying out the mission of IFES and integrating IFES values into their work every day: Commitment to Excellence, Effective Communication, High Quality Decision-Making, Accountability, Teamwork and Collaboration.
The Head of Programs will provide leadership and oversight of program implementation for the IFES Bangladesh field office. Under the direction of the IFES Sri Lanka and Bangladesh Deputy Country Director, the Head of Programs responsibilities will include:
IFES COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
Full COVID-19 vaccination required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide leadership and oversight in the design and implementation of program activities in line with approved program objectives, workplans and budgets;
- Oversee the development of project planning, preparation, and update of project workplans, budgets and operational matrixes, under the direction of the Country Director;
- Direct project staff in the effective and efficient management of day-to-day project activities;
- Oversee the planning and administration for special events, e.g. campaigns, workshops, trainings and other events;
- Conduct trainings and workshops and contribute to the development of training curricula and other program activity materials;
- Provide technical input and analysis related to program activities and implementation for periodic program reporting including bi-weekly reports, quarter, annual and final reports and/or any other reports as required by the donor;
- Contribute technical direction and input to research papers, analytical pieces, success stories, and any other documentation required by IFES, the donor, implementing partners and/or other stakeholders;
- Oversee the collaboration and coordination with IFES partners (including civil society, academia, and media partners) as well as IFES HQ to ensure effective program delivery, under the direction of the Country Director;
- Oversee effective monitoring, evaluation and learning of programmatic activities;
- Represent IFES in various forums, including in meetings with donors and other implementing partners;
- Other support as requested by the Country Director, Deputy Country Director, and HQ Senior Program Manager;
Skills And Specifications
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically;
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management;
Education And Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Peach and Conflict Studies, International Relations, or related required; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with international NGOs, or combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge on issues of democracy and governance, election violence and inclusion;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international development funded programming;
- Knowledge of localegional politics and development required;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel;
Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla language required.
Company: The International Foundation for Electoral Systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Application Deadline: N/A