Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd Jobs in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Banquet Operations Manager
Website Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd
Are you looking for a Job at HawkEye Innovations Ltd in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Banquet Operations Manager
Food & Beverage
Leadership Received From (directly)
Director of F&B
Leadership Received From (indirectly)
Director of F&B
Event Sales Manager – Exec Chef
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To oversee and lead the Banquet department of the Hotel
- A Banquet Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of his/her specific Event as governed by contract and deemed by operational requirements.
- He/she is responsible in linking all facets of cuisine and entertainment and then delivering these to guests.
- He/she must be able to control and coordinate a labour pool of many and varied backgrounds.
- He/she will have a majority of casual labour and hence it is essential to have quality staff management skills.
- One should be creative and confident and be prepared to step outside of the confines of comfort.
- He/she should take the time to get to know the guests and be committed to service excellence.
- Team play is imperative and having the time to invest in self-development is mandatory.
- Being entrepreneurial, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by example are expected and not requested.
Planning & Organizing
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts standards are adhered to
- Create new revolutionary standards
- Keep ahead of industry trends (you should set the trends rather than follow)
- Develop ideas on increasing guest satisfaction
- Leads the weekly BOQ meeting.
- Train and develop the Banquet team in the departmental operating standards
- Maintains a presence during events including outside catering events.
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of Banquet operations.
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- Source and audition entertainment and decorative options suitable for Banquets and Events
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and share with the team.
- Review, analyse market and competition changes and implement proactive action plans to meet these changes in cooperation with Director of F&B.
- Ensure Organizers are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- Actively review organizer and guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team
- To lead monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the Banquet team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Assume the responsibility of daily operations.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels on the banquet floor
- Following up on opening and closing checklists
- Ensure all appropriate equipment is on hand for each service period
- Ensures that the correct ordering and billing procedures are in place and that all cash handling is carried out correctly. This includes overseeing and checking the cashier and floats at the conclusion of the event and all banking done
- Conducts daily briefings for all staff prior to commencement of shift, providing such information as service requirements, sequence and preparation for the day
- Is capable of handling security incidents, guest complaints or queries with confidence and in a professional manner
- Directly work with all employees to create a flow of new and ‘improved’ ideas
- Ensure awareness and deliver the optimum levels of service and guest satisfaction
- Attaining and maintaining the sanitation (HACCP or similar) certificates as required by the regional governing body
- Ensure all hotel property and facilities are maintained an in an optimal working order
- Take full ownership and responsibility for any issues that may occur in the department.
- Ensure rooms/events is set prior to the commencement of service
- Master all POS systems
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relationships
- Implement training plans to further develop self and subordinate outlet employees
- Lead by example through a passionate, hands on approach
- Maintaining all outlet records
- Maintenance of the casual working pool
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Company: Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.