Website RTI International
This Job Listing is about RTI International in Mogadishu, Somalia 2022
RTI is recruiting candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Somalia Resilience and Inclusive Economic Development (RIED) project, building on the work of Somalia GEEL. The objectives of the RIED project will be to accelerate economic recovery in the targeted areas of Somalia by increasing individual, household, community, and systemic resilience through rural and urban economic diversification, and by promoting inclusive economic market systems to combat real and perceived grievances that contribute to violent extremism. This position will be contingent upon award and funding.
RIED is expected to have a grants pool that the Grants Manager will be responsible for grant management and oversight components of the program. He/she will provide a vision for conducting due diligence and pre-award assessments on potential sub recipients and ensuring sound financial management and compliance among successful organizations. The Grants Manager will be responsible for seamlessly collaborating with the program, procurement, operations, and finance departments to deliver cash and in-kind grants and overseeing them through liquidation and completion. The Grants Manager will lead a team of grants specialists that will be based in multiple sites across Southern Somalia.
- Development of the grants management program with the input and oversight of the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and the RTI Office of Contracts
- Oversees grants management process & subcontracts for local organizations, including grant proposal tracking, review, and approval process
- Maintains financial management files for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentation
- Ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with grants financial management policies, monitors all grant expenses, and provides regular updates on grant status
- Provides technical assistance as required to build capacity of local partners & grantees
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, CPA, business management or other relevant field with 8 years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree and 6 years of experience.
- At least two years experience in grants design, management, and distribution; past experience administering USAID grants preferred.
- Experience in working with local government or NGOs to improve the planning, management, budgeting and administration of service delivery.
- Good knowledge of development issues in the program regions, local government administration and service delivery; ability to travel and work in the field with administrative and sector technicians, as well as civil society organizations; excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Company: RTI International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Application Deadline: N/A