This Job Listing is about Google in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in security and risk management
- Experience planning, organizing, leading, and managing activities in an international environment
- Experience managing remote teams, with global operational experience in multiple countries
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), or Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP)
- Experience implementing strategic change and initiatives
- Ability to articulate ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives that exceed expectations
- Ability to think out of the box and bring creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions
- Excellent vision, leadership, and critical thinking skills to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced operational environment
About The Job
Global Security and Resilience Service’s mission is to protect, sustain, and enable Google’s ability to thrive. In this role, you’ll be an expert who shares our focus about resilience and our commitment to confidentiality. You’ll collaborate with Google’s Regional Leadership teams to secure Googlers, our workplaces, and our Enterprise, while creating innovative security strategies for the future. You believe that providing a secure and safe environment doesn’t come at the expense of customer service.
As the Director, EMEA Emerging Markets, Security and Resilience Operations, you will be responsible for the organizational resilience of Google’s employees in the region its facilities and its businesses. You will be the executive Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) representative in Emerging Markets and Africa and lead a matrix organization.
You’ll be accountable for the delivery and performance of all our services and functions to our customers. You will be part of the Global Security and Resilience Operations Leadership team and be key to the delivery of our mission. You will be tasked with supporting business critical decisions, and enabling Google and Googlers to thrive.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Lead and coordinate security and resilience efforts throughout Google Emerging Markets and Africa operations, including intelligence, threatisk analysis, physical security and safety, crisis management and incident response, investigations, travel security, vendor management, executive protection, and disruptive event management.
- Lead in crisis with an understanding of the risk environment in EMEA Emerging Markets, including an understanding of the region and its different cultures.
- Identify regional resilience needs with program/project management expertise, and develop procedures to ensure that Google can pursue and sustain operations in Emerging Markets and Africa.
- Be a visionary leader who can drive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, law enforcement, and government agencies to ensure continued efficient operations and safety.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.