Staff Software Engineer, Android in Google
Following are the details we found about the job:
About the job
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in mobile application development or Android framework development.
- Programming experience in Java or Kotlin.
- Experience architecting and designing mobile applications or frameworks.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related field.
- Hands-on technical leadership experience, leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and designing large-scale systems.
- Experience developing impactful solutions to ambiguous problems.
About The Job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Making the world’s information universally accessible and useful doesn’t stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world’s most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Lead designs of major applications, software systems, and features.
- Design compelling APIs that allow developers to create efficient and performant applications.
- Build robust and scalable mobile components and lead new innovations in the Android ecosystem.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software quality, functionality and security. Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with technical expertise.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams. Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
Further Details and Requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.