Website 500 Global
Are you looking for a Job at Global in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
About 500 Global
500 Global is a venture capital firm on a mission to uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship. It is one of the most active venture capital firms in the world.
Since its inception in Silicon Valley, 500 Global has invested in over 2,500 companies via its 5 global funds and 17 thematic funds dedicated to either specific geographic markets or verticals. Its 100+ team members are located in 20 countries around the world in order to support the 500 Global portfolio of investments which spans more than 75 countries.
Notable investments in the 500 portfolio include Credit Karma, Twilio, Canva, Grab, Bukalapak, The RealReal, Talkdesk, Knotel, Udemy, and Ipsy.
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 supports startups via their Seed Accelerator Programs which emphasize digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies. 500 Global further contributes to the development of innovation ecosystems by supporting startups and investors through educational programs, events, conferences, and partnerships with corporations and governments around the world.
About 500 Global Ecosystems Team
The Ecosystems team contributes to 500 Global’s mission of developing innovation ecosystems around the world. We partner with corporates, investors, governments, and foundations to train and connect investors, startups, and corporate executives to our global tech-focused community and experts. Some of our hallmark programs include startup accelerators, startup bootcamps, investor education, bootcamp for accelerator managers, and corporate-startup engagement. 500 Global also works to encourage best practices surrounding innovation to create positive and thriving global innovation ecosystems.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a Program Manager to execute the operations of our startup programs in KSA, taking a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the programs’ success. These programs include: accelerator programs, founder bootcamps, Demo Days, education programs for corporates, accelerator managers, and investors, and more!
Program Managers are directly responsible for ensuring the successful execution of our programs including budget management, program design, curriculum planning, mentor scheduling, securing startup companies to register and participate in our programs, partner and client management, as well as administrative duties. Experience with logistics and event planning, as well as familiarity with the early stage venture-backed ecosystem across KSA, is preferred.
The position is based in Riyadh, KSA.
We are looking for a candidate to start in November 2021.
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the project end-to-end, including but not limited to curriculum adaptation, program planning, budget management, marketing, and recruiting startups and mentors
- Implement and ensure the successful delivery of the program, including optimizing startup engagement and measuring startup satisfaction
- Partner and client management together with the rest of the team, as well as administrative duties
- Together with the other team members, drive community engagement by planning and executing social events for the batch and local ecosystem community
- Assist on all program prep and execution, ensuring everything and everyone are where they need to be
- Keep track of program data and cohort information, and create reports to share with internal and external stakeholders
- Outline the program and curriculum
- Oversee the program recruitment efforts (i.e. events, digital communications) and work closely with the marketing team to ensure it is implemented.
- Own the startup application screening and selection process, to ensure we recruit quality startups for our programs
- Carry out the mentor recruitment process to ensure best practices and fit of mentors for the programs
- Set-up and supervise pre-program logistics, source vendors, partners, mentors, etc.
- During the Program
- Oversee the day to day activities and create a positive experience for all participants
- Ensure the day-to-day program operations and communications (internal and external) – including (but not limited to) visa, travel, accommodation and expenses research, documentation, and execution, for staff and mentors as needed are all running smoothly for the successful implementation of the program
- Work with other staff, mentors and entrepreneur in residence (EIR) to support startups and monitor their performance
- Set up communication channels, manage mentor sessions and office hours, organize speakers and networking events, etc.
- Oversee community engagement by planning and executing social events for the batch and local ecosystem community
- Post Program
- Wrap up the program budget and align with finance on the final numbers
- Support the elaboration of program reports
- Perform program quality assessment
- Assist with post-program marketing efforts
- Provide updates to Regional Director during the course of the program(s) regarding NPS, Budget, and Revenue Recognition Milestones
- Manage program budget and ensure execution within the margins set forth
Who You Are
You are the most organized person you know! You are a great planner & communicator, and understand how to navigate needs between multiple stakeholders. You are also driven, smart, and humble, as well as excited at the prospect of joining our #500STRONG family – helping to execute our vision of building a thriving tech ecosystem in Riyadh, KSA
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Highly focused and self-driven with ability to multitask
- Exceptional attention to details
- Be one of the most organized people you know
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to learn & adapt quickly
- Lead-by-example attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment under pressure
- Global & cultural awareness, and excited about working in a diverse environment with different types of people from around the world speaking different languages
- Experience managing teams and projects
- Fluent in English and Arabic
Nice to have
- Experience working on, with, or for startups
- Experience with data analysis, management and reporting
- Client relationship management experience
- Familiarity with cross-cultural business
- Knowledge of the startup ecosystem in Middle East
Company: 500 Global
Vacancy Type: Contract · Associate
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com