This Job Listing is about Amentum in Sabah Al Salem, Mubarak Al-Kabir, Kuwait 2022
The Geospatial Information Specialist acts as liaison between design, review, construction, and using agencies. Responsible for maintaining and updating all geospatial information.
- Develop engineering designs, perform drafting duties, and interpret rough engineering sketches to produce working drawings using manual and CAD techniques. Produce architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Update GIS Base Maps, maintain record drawings and as-builts, and plot and reproduce drawings
- Perform surveying duties, conduct reconnaissance, site location, construction, and mapping surveys while operating manual and electronic surveying equipment. Collect, convert, and present field survey data for engineering projects.
- Link computerized maps to databases displaying detailed information via the web. Create geographic coverages.
- Develop accurate geospatial reports, apply cartography techniques to use raw geographical information for mapping and geospatial purposes.
- Develop database structures, create and populate feature codes, link graphical data to relational databases, and develop query routines for end-user applications
- Perform simple load calculations for horizontal and vertical construction. Act as liaison between design, review, construction, and using agencies.
- Prepare engineering sketches and CAD drawings, specifications, and cost estimates. Develop, operate, and maintain GIS modules.
- Utilize surveying technology to include Global Positioning System (GPS). Evaluate potential construction sites.
- Support contingency operations. Develop bed-down plans to house personnel, aircraft, equipment, and associated support functions during contingency operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in global information systems, geography, computer science, or a related field and possess a minimum of at least three (3) years of experience in Geospatial Analysis.
- Master’s degree and/or employment related certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Contractor personnel shall have working knowledge of one (1) year of experience working with recent versions of ESRI ArcGIS suite applications. The Contractor can substitute educational requirements for experience but must provide references to the government for consideration.
- Must possess an IAT Level II, Security+ Certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M and AFMAN 17-1303 and shall retain Functional System Administrator (FSA) accounts in alignment with AFI 17-100, Air Force Information Technology (IT) Service Management for desktop programs/licenses and server SDE/licenses maintenance when it becomes available.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
In Order To Address Your Request, The Following Information Is Needed
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email [email protected] for assistance.
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sabah Al Salem, Mubarak Al-Kabir, Kuwait
Application Deadline: N/A