This Job Listing is about Vectrus in Kuwait City, Al Asimah, Kuwait 2022
- This position is physically located in the Marshall Islands in support of LOGCAP**
Under the general supervision of the Transportation Motor Pool (TMP) Supervisor, this position is responsible for the recovery, repaireplace, maintenance and services of Fire Trucks and mini pumper squad trucks, throughout the theater of operations in support of the Contract.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Services, diagnoses, repairs and maintains tandem drive axles with air.
- Tunes gas and diesel engines, services fuel filters and turbo chargers.
- Maintains service logs and records of fire truck apparatuses, Keeps tools equipment and work area clean organized and in good working condition.
- Diagnose problems, disassembles fire truck accessories, make repairs or replace parts.
- Brakes, repairs or shoes replacement, pads , drums, hoses, calipers, and heavy duty air brakes.
- Electrical repairs or replace fuses, batteries, lights instruments, warning devices, controls and switches, modules, alternators, starter, and defective cables and wiring.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Level I within 90 days of hire date.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and host nation Driver’s License, is required.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- To be qualified for this position you must comply with USCENTCOM MOD 16 that requires proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC or host country requirements. As of now, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you must have received either two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine, two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine, two doses of Moderna Vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and two weeks must have elapsed after the final dose was administered. This definition may change in accordance with CDC guidelines. Compliance with this government requirement is an essential function of the position and is a condition of employment.
- Three years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Knowledge with conducting routine services and vehicle maintenance on Non-Tactical equipment.
- Must possess ability to assess possible-damage risks to inoperable equipment while being towed or transported.
- Must be able to safely and effectively operate hydraulic equipment and power winches.
- Must be able to read military and civilian maps
- Know how to use all forms of test equipment related to the job
- Must be able to work effectively with all level of employee.
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment particularly when transporting vehicles.
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kuwait City, Al Asimah, Kuwait
Application Deadline: N/A