Website IntraHealth International
This Job Listing is about IntraHealth International in Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe 2022
Summary Of Role
IntraHealth seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Financial Management and Operations (F&O) Director for an anticipated five-year Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH) Activity in Zimbabwe. The goal of the project will be to improve demand for and the availability of MNCH services to improve health outcomes in the country, by increasing the use of MNCH services, targeting hard-to-reach populations; strengthening community systems and linkages for integrated MNCH services; and improving Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) capacity for MNCH policy implementation.
The F&O Director will ensure that the Activity is complying with all USAID rules and regulations and satisfies on a timely basis all of USAID’s financial reporting requirements. The position will oversee financial assistants located at the regional level, as well as at the central level. The F&O Director will ensure systems and procedures are in place for the operation of the project in a strong financial control environment, including by overseeing effective cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and forecasting, procurement, property and grants management, and other financial tasks. The F&O Director will also provide overall supervision and leadership to the operations team.
This position will be based in Harare and is contingent upon funding availability and USAID approval. Zimbabwean nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide financial management and administration of the cooperative agreement and management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities in line with USAID and IntraHealth guidelines.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to USAID, including project expenditure analysis.
- Oversee financial controls, operational systems, and compliance activities for project and with partners.
- Leads partner and sub-grant engagement and management process, including:
- Oversee partner and sub-grant cycles from pre-award to close-out, including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring, and close-out of sub-grant based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Respond, as needed, to issues that arise, including but not limited to financial reporting, issuing modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audits (financial and performance) findings.
- Provide capacity-building support to partners and sub-grantees as needed.
- Oversee project operations, procurement, logistics and supply chain support for project supplies, commodities and equipment.
- Ensure HR and performance management systems and procedures are in place, well documented and adhered to.
- Leads project budget development for annual work planning and ad hoc budget requests.
- Supervise administrative, operations, and financial and grants staff.
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, commerce, operations, or related field; ACCA or CPA certificate is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar financial management and operations role supporting USAID or other donor activities in developing countries.
- Experience managing project or organizational budgets in excess of $5 million per year and supervising finance and operations staff.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements of multi-million-dollar USAID-funded activities.
- Strong knowledge of USG-approved accounting practices, financial reporting standards and financial management processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex, small grants program.
- Experience in capacity building of local partners and sub-grantees in financial accounting and sustainability.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and English language oral presentation skills.
- Zimbabwean candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked in more than 100 countries since 1979. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
Our programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and equity. We are committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
IntraHealth is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and flexible teleworking and remote work policies that reflect our focus on staff safety, well-being, and retention.
Our workplace culture
IntraHealth stands for equality, justice, and respect. We strive to be an antiracist organization that works to minimize power imbalances and increase local sustainability in global health. We aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse global community in which we work. Join us and be part of it.
Company: IntraHealth International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe
Application Deadline: N/A