This Job Listing is about UNOPS in Toshkent, Toshkent, Uzbekistan 2022
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager and overall guidance of the Head of Support Services, the Finance Senior Associate will provide financial and administrative support to the timely processing, recording, monitoring, and maintaining if financial transactions and accounts relating to payments and receipts in accordance with UNOPS’ financial rules, regulations, policies, and processes.
Administration and implementation of operational and financial management strategies
Ensures administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNOPS rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recordingeporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Implementation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, elaboration of conditions of contributions within the office resource mobilization efforts.
- Implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
Administration of budgets and effective cost recovery
Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNOPS projects, follow up with HQs on authorized spending limits) for projects.
- Establishment of criteria for pro-ration of Agencies contributions to the common services account, preparation and modifications of the common services budget and follow up on timely recovery of payments.
- Implementation of the control mechanism for d projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications, budgetary status, maintenance of the General Ledger.
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources of the office, reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills in Enterprise System for the services provided by elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
Accounting and administrative support
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of financial reports for projects.
- Approval of vendors in Enterprise System (as a senior member of the Finance team).
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Enterprise System; payrolls are duly prepared; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Coordination and review of accounts closure
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNOPS projects and follow up with partners on contributions.
- Timely VAT reimbursements, payment of GLOC by the Government.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals.
Office cash management
Ensures proper cash management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Enterprise System to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Alternate to Finance Analyst (or Operations Manager) as primary contact with local bank management on routine operational matters including negotiation of exchange rate on replenishment. May serve as member of bank signatory panel upon decision of Head of Office.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlements.
- Performing Pay cycle manager role in Enterprise System.
- Timely preparation of monthly cash flow forecast for use by Operations Manager/Finance Analyst. Liaison with UN Agencies to obtain estimate of their cash requirements.
- Alternate as cashier for cash disbursements made on site.
- Facilitates the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provides oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on financial management
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in financial management.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- CPA, first University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in financial management or accounting a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience within the areas of finance, accounting, business administration or related field is required.
- Previous experience in UN system organizations is desirable
- Full knowledge of English and Uzbek language is essential.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toshkent, Toshkent, Uzbekistan
Application Deadline: N/A