Website Farmers Insurance
Are you looking for a Job at Farmers Insurance in United States
About the job
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Investigates, determines liability, confirms subrogation potential, establishes fair recoveries and negotiates settlement of subrogation claims.
Essential Job Functions
- Daily maintenance of electronic claims system diary and email.
- The electronic claims systems have diaries for each file in inventory which include actions such as incoming correspondence and documents to review; incoming phone calls; follow-up activities to be completed or deadlines to meet.
- The diaries serve as a daily to-do list for the claims.
- Basic negotiations and negligence discussions with adverse carriers or attorneys.
- Basic connotes limited financial and negotiation authority on claims of minor complexity.
- Evaluate recovery potential on simple loss types and determine quickest method of recovery.
- Maintain knowledge of national, state, and local insurance regulations through continuing education.
- Consultats with supervisor, trainer and/or peer mentor regarding negligence evaluations, file strategies, negotiations or other trainings as needed.
- When appropriate, proactively reviews and adjusts estimates on subrogation demands from other carriers, negotiates settlement of claims with other carriers.
- Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance.
- Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Visually verifies and reads information.
- Visually locates material, resources and other objects.
- Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Prior insurance or related experience preferred
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be $42,750 – $75,750
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): US – CO – Remote
Depending on the outcome related to Farmers post-COVID office re-entry plan, the candidates that fill these roles, may be expected to work out of their own local office location when offices re-open, but moving to Austin would obviously not be required with this role.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Company: Farmers Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com