Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Job in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia – Duty Manager
Website Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Are you looking for a Job at Fairmont Hotels Resorts in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Duty Manager, you will effectively assist in managing the Front Office department. You will also be acting as a Manager on Duty with regard to the rest of the hotel. All problems must be attended to and solved using the resources of other Colleagues and Leaders. Delegating where and when required. Follow up is a priority and is expected. Providing supervision and leadership to all Rooms areas.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose.
Summary Of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Set a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of Hotel Policies and Procedures, loyalty to management and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Support company and hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and participation in HOS, Health and Safety and GSI initiatives.
- Use discretion and tact when dealing with guest enquires, problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the Hotel and / or its reputation.
- The Duty Manager’s phone is the central communication point and must be carried at all times.
- Check and maintain the Duty Manager safe in accordance to the procedures set by the company.
- Responsible to carry the Duty Manager’s Master key at all point of time and must never hand them to anyone else.
- Advise the Front Office Manager & Director of Rooms of any matters relating to guests, their welfare and behavior as considered desirable for various reasons.
- Check the condition of the departure rooms with the shift leaders and assist if required.
- Follow up with the Supervisors in regards to any room discrepancies (skips/sleeps) and assist with their inspection.
- Ensure that the Police report is being done on a regular basis.
- Ensure all Colleagues within Front Office are fully aware of the daily inventory, yield and revenue management, and sell rates.
- Ensure that all Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel colleague rules and regulations.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of Colleagues by taking active interest in their welfare, safety and development
- Maintain the integrity of the Front Office environment. Share their knowledge, contacts and be compassionate with all of our Colleagues.
- Attend to all Guest complaints immediately and initiate follow up. It is imperative that all Guest’s complaints are dealt with promptly in order to attain Guest satisfaction and the protection of the Hotel’s Interest
- In all incidents, provide management with reports and recommend actions to avoid repetition of any incident, accident theft, complaints etc.
- Ensure maximum safety for Guests, patron and Colleagues during emergencies.
- The protection of hotels interests must be the major concern.
- Fully trained in emergency procedures and to assist in carrying out any practice drills.
- Leader of the Emergency Response Team (E.R.T) during emergency procedures as per the Fire and Evacuation Plan.
- Monitor the car park and driveway.
- Make regular rounds of the Hotel to ensure smooth operations in all areas.
- Photograph all room damages.
- Authorize after hour distribution of keys, Including dry stores and beverage stock.
- Supervise Front Office Colleagues, assist in check in and checkouts.
- Perform any other related duties assigned to him / her by the Front Office Manager.
- An unbiased report must be sent to all concerned at the completion of the shift.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the hotel, he / she must make decisions on all matters involving Guest contact with hotel Colleagues. In absence of the senior Front Office management, he / she has full authority to make decisions concerning Front Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Opera, Word, Excel, Delphi and Windows 2000.
- Minimum of one year previous experience as a Duty Manager is preferred.
- English speaker is an advantage.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills.
- Highest Guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead Colleagues to excellence.
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset.
- Previous International experience essential. .
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Company: Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.