Website World Health Organization
This Job Listing is about World Health Organization in Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh 2022
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
WHO Country Office (WCO) collaborates with the Government of Bangladesh and relevant stakeholders within the framework of the collaborative Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) to promote universal health coverage (UHC) through health systems strengthening based on primary health care. The WCO programme of work supports the GOB in: 1. Advocating for a more integrated human resource development; 2. Facilitating the delivery of quality and integrated people-centred services; 3. Ensuring equity in national health policies, strategies and plans through formulation of legal and regulatory frameworks to implement the HealthCare Financing Strategy; 4. Further strengthening of capacities in generating information and utilizing evidence as well as in ensuring quality medical products.
Description Of Duties
Under the overall guidance of Administrative Officer and the direct supervision of the Team Leader (Health Systems), the incumbent provides the following secretarial and administrative support to the Health Systems Programme:
- Review incoming correspondence and ensure routing to responsible officer, attaching background documents and highlighting areas requiring action; draft replies on general and administrative matters; ensure outgoing correspondence and reports conform to WHO standards; develop tracking tools to follow up target dates and deadlines.
- Create and/or maintain filing systems and ensure updated information; obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources and perform information search as required.
- Provide guidance to other staff on office procedures and WHO standards.
- Provide support in the monitoring implementation of the work plan, including timely information on budget ceiling/award budgets, monitor income and expenditure and funds available; follow up on financial/budgetary issues and ensure timely processing of committal documents; assist in the preparation of financial and technical progress reports to donors.
- Prepare contracts for consultants, Agreement for Performance of Work (APW), Direct Financial Cooperation (DFC), Technical Services Agreements (TSA) and General External Services requests (GES); record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payment.
- Initiate requisitions for goods procurement and record receipt of deliverables.
Meeting Administration/Duty Travel
- Coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, ensuring all necessary documents and travel requests are sent to participants; prepare relevant documents and power-point presentations.
- Obtain briefing and prepare background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc., and ensure complete documentation is provided to the unit staff attending the meeting.
- Prepare travel requests for official travel, obtain security clearance, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and ensure logistic arrangements for smooth conduct of the meetings/workshops in the office and outside venues.
- Schedule unit meetings and prepare minutes.
- Handle visitors and telephone calls and take action as appropriate, providing background information for appointments.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
Essential: Completion of Secondary School education.
Desirable: University degree in Business Management/Social Science/ or relevant field would be an asset. Training in administrative and office management practices would be an advantage.
Essential: At least five (5) years of experience in secretarial/ /administrative work or Programme support management.
Desirable: Experience in general administration in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO;
- Ability to draft standard correspondence;
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required;
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at BDT 1,586,219 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accreditedecognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Oct 17, 2022, 2:49:18 PM
Nov 7, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
SE_BAN WR Office, Bangladesh
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Company: World Health Organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Application Deadline: N/A