Website Global Diaspora Academy
This Job Listing is about Global Diaspora Academy in Bangladesh 2022
Did you know Executive Assistants make a significant difference to long term organization success? If you did not know yet, you may want to find out yourself. If you do know, may we borrow your strengths?
At the Global Diaspora Confederation (GDC), we care about diaspora in need. We are looking for trust builder, committed working partner, and empathetic coordinator because our team is made up of such great volunteers. But there is still so much to work on especially our Chair who works tirelessly for the organization. To help coordinate teams and on-demand work and to make the organization run efficiently, we need your help.
Joining the Secretary Team at our global secretariat, you will be working in the world’s largest umbrella-led civil society organization to connect and empower Diaspora Organizations at the global level.
We aspire to build an inclusive movement where all Diaspora Organizations can be supported, belong to, discover and realize their ambitions in order to achieve peace, unity, and social and economic advancement for all.
Your role as Global Executive Assistant could be working closely and virtually with the Chair to share workload and be a problem solver by providing the following assistance:
– Meeting arrangement
– Minute taking
– Familiarizing with and following up on all work required by the Chair
– Organizing, reviewing and updating documents
– Ensuring all documents are safely stored and readily accessible
– Transcribing and data input
– Resolving any outstanding and urgent work for the Chair
– Managing responses for the Chair’s office during the absence of the Chair
– Preparing official correspondences for GDC and Chair
– Reporting regularly on work progress
– Working on multiple projects simultaneously
– Helping to manage relations of stakeholders and partners at all levels
– Updating the working process for the entire GDC Secretariat
– Maintaining a complete event calendar for the entire GDC i.e. all teams
– Ad hoc
– Report writing
– Helping to building a motivated work environment on behalf of the Chair
– University degree preferred but not necessary
– At least 2-3 years of experience as an Administrative Officer (we look for passion, time, efficiency and quality of work more than years of experience)
– Understanding the needs of diaspora
– Excellent organizing and problem solving skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Very efficient, responsive and result oriented
– Responsible individual with humility, exhibiting discipline and integrity
– Strong willingness in learning, adaptable and able to work well under pressure under time constraints
– Empathetic writing skill
– Excellent attention to detail
Is this role for you?
This is a volunteer role and carried out remotely, therefore we welcome applications from anywhere in the world. It is unpaid and very socially rewarding that offers great variety of development opportunities.
To apply, please complete the application form via this link (you may need a Gmail account to access the form):
This virtual position may change its location requirement within two to three days but you can still apply.
Company: Global Diaspora Academy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangladesh
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.