Estates Officer in Nedbank 2022 at CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
This Job Listing is about Nedbank in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
Estates Officer x2 Cape Town
Manage Self: Technical
To administer deceased estates and to add value to the business by referring sales leads to the rest of Nedbank Group so as to create holisitic value proposition for our clients
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Ensure that all estates assets are insured against loss.
- Draft a cash reconciliation statement which is checked for correctness by management before any cash distribution.
- Update stats and have monthly meetings with Management to identify possible risks.
- Get equity mandates from the heirs before liquidating any assets.
- Explain the deceased estates administration process to the heirs and manage their expectations; by regular and ongoing communication.
- Engage our internal clients (NFP; PFA) by keeping up to date with regular progress report.
- Responding to client queries and complaints within 48 hours.
- Escalating complaints to Management.
- Foster professional relationships with beneficiaries; intermediaries and others.
- Finalise estates within 12-months to ensure client satisfaction Generate revenue by taking executor’s fees.
- Finalise estates within the shortest possible time to maximise profits by making use of statistics progress report.
- Receive all relevant documents from the heirs and send them to the relevant authorities for processing.
- Take control of the deceased assets and ensuring that thery are allocated to the lawful heirs.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge and sharing knowledge with team.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level
3-5years in legal / banking environment having administered deceased estates.
Post Graduate Diploma: Financial Planning.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
- Building Partnerships
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.